Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

5 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

What about the whole season? ) 32.5 percent in 2 seasons in college…

I know what he shot on the season, which is why I said the "potential" is there for him to become a good shooter. He shot over 40% while attempting 4 threes per game during that span.

10 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

I know what he shot on the season, which is why I said the "potential" is there for him to become a good shooter. He shot over 40% while attempting 4 threes per game during tha

Ok )

28 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

He did not shoot very well in college )

Okay now you’re just being ridiculous. The man shot 47.7% from 2PT and 34.4% from 3PT in his final season. That’s good. 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

Okay now you’re just being ridiculous. The man shot 47.7% from 2PT and 34.4% from 3PT in his final season. That’s good. 

Very well or good? First you said “very well from outside” ))))

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Also a very good definition of a high basketball IQ (cuts well and make good passes) :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

He’s 3-19 in the two games so far

Not to mention that horrendous fast break he attempted tonight where it was 2 on 1 and he decided to selfishly take it all the way to the basket instead of giving his teammate an easy layup. Anthony is a TRoss lite right now and that’s not a good thing. He needs to settle down and play team basketball. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

He’s 3-19 in the two games so far

Not only that…he is not very confident driving the ball and with the decision making…that 2 on 1 fast break was terrible…

6 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Not to mention that horrendous fast break he attempted tonight where it was 2 on 1 and he decided to selfishly take it all the way to the basket instead of giving his teammate an easy layup. Anthony is a TRoss lite right now and that’s not a good thing. He needs to settle down and play team basketball. 

I couldn’t agree more.  I think we started to see this at the end of last season.  I would argue that the tanking efforts imparted an “everyone for themself” mentality that is carrying over, because we didn’t see that style of play from him for most of the year, but I know many disagree with that.  Regardless, very few can disagree that Anthony is not making his teammates better right now.  

Thinking way ahead.  Suggs is a foundational piece but maybe not the alpha scorer we will need.  I am calling it right now Jaden Hardy next draft.  That dude is an amazing shooter!  

Just now, og magic fan said:

Thinking way ahead.  Suggs is a foundational piece but maybe not the alpha scorer we will need.  I am calling it right now Jaden Hardy next draft.  That dude is an amazing shooter!  

I disagree. Jalen has a fantastic first step that seems to always get by his defender, along with great vision to find the open man when he’s driving. His shooting stroke is rather smooth. The only reason why he didn’t score 20 points again tonight is because he wasn’t looking for his shot until late. He was content to let other guys have their moment to shine, but when it comes down to winning games, he’ll put the team on his back and walk the ball in his hands.

just my interpretation of how I’ve seen him play.

• Upvote 1