Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

15 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Why?  Is this not strange the way he is playing?

I'm not concerned about him. In the 2 games he's been poor yes. Cole will be absolutely fine 

26 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

I don’t like this pick )

Understandable but he’s on our team now so we may as well root for the kid to get better. It’s not as a dire of a situation as you’re making it out to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Understandable but he’s on our team now so we may as well root for the kid to get better. It’s not as a dire of a situation as you’re making it out to be. 

Mate, more than anything I wish him to be good…but you mentioned his high basketball IQ and I just pointed out on the play when he was not that smart…

2 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Mate, more than anything I wish him to be good…but you mentioned his high basketball IQ and I just pointed out on the play when he was not that smart…

He’s a rookie though. Do you expect this guy to not have any flaws in his game? Let the guy develop before predicting the course of his career. Gotta take the good and the bad and hope he grows as the season goes on. 

Just now, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

He’s a rookie though. Do you expect this guy to not have any flaws in his game? Let the guy develop before predicting the course of his career. Gotta take the good and the bad and hope he grows as the season goes on. 

But what he is good at? Not a great shooter, not athletic, not good with his left hand, not a good dribbler etc. his defence is overrated for NBA…if at least he would be a great shooter then I would be more patient…

• Downvote 2

Jalen is pissed that he lost.

Its summer league and he feels that way the kid is a natural born winner!!!

We have a got 1 finally here 

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Wagner has to get bigger and stronger. He is a project but give the guy a year or two he is not horrible. Btw I don’t like the pick either.

Let’s be content that he is not horrible? ) I just know that there will be too many players in this draft picked after 8th spot who are going to be much better players…

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Jalen is pissed that he lost.

Its summer league and he feels that way the kid is a natural born winner!!!

We have a got 1 finally here 

Yes, finally a bright spot! 

But what he is good at? Not a great shooter, not athletic, not good with his left hand, not a good dribbler etc. his defence is overrated for NBA…if at least he would be a great shooter then I would be more patient…

His main problem right now is getting pushed around by the bigger players in the game. Once he gets put on a strength and conditioning program this conversation will be an after thought. Your letting your bias cloud your judgment and evaluation of this guy. 

It takes some time to adjust to the pace of the NBA versus college games. Give the man at least half a season - a bigger sample size - before we start saying something extra negative. The guy had a great last college season, shot from outside very well, has a good bball IQ (cuts well and makes good passes)… let him bulk up, get the jitters out, and do what we saw him do all last year. He has the potential be be an EXCELLENT role player / glue guy that every strong team needs.