Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

Just now, Luke_FfS said:

He surely have gained more in recent season.
I'm pretty sure he's interested to come over in the right situation and with a guaranteed contract. Would not make sense to him another way.

But is he worth that guaranteed money in NBA? I don't know, even if I've always liked his game.

I just heard that apparently some top European teams send scouts to summer league so either way this probably isn't wasted time for him. I feel like we probably won't offer him that last guaranteed spot unless we think he can be moved easily for assets because we'll need that last spot for any TPE trades. 

58 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Sengun looked awesome.

Yeah, the Rockets killed this draft. Christopher looks really promising, and Green, who was my favorite player in this draft, looks like he should've been the number 1 pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

He has surely gained more in recent seasons.
I'm pretty sure he's interested to come over in the right situation and with a guaranteed contract. Would not make sense to him another way.

But is he worth that guaranteed money in NBA? I don't know, even if I've always liked his game.

He can easily make 1-1,5 million euros net in Europe…

1 hour ago, Shine88 said:

Yeah, the Rockets killed this draft. Christopher looks really promising, and Green, who was my favorite player in this draft, looks like he should've been the number 1 pick.

Yeah what a rebuild. When Wall's contract is up i'm betting they will ready to compete again. They own their own pick this year too. Funny i thought they gave up so much to get Westbrook.

I was super high on Green and Sengun and relatively high on Christopher and Garuba but the Rockets have got a loooooooong way to go to be anything as a team. 

Christopher might be nothing. Summer league kind of suits his athletic irrational confidence thing, he's got a long way to go to prove he's a real NBA player. Garuba and Sengun are both undersized 5s who (currently) don't stretch the floor. 

Green is looking like he might be great but it's far too early to say how quickly that will translate to winning. Neither of Bradley Beal or Zach Lavine has ever looked like leading a real contender. 

It's incredibly optimistic to believe the Rockets will be ready to compete in 2 years when Wall's contract expires. 

Sengun is going to make me eat crow extremely early eh? He looks like a man amongst boys out there at 19. It is SL so I suppose that is actually kind of true based on the competition he's facing. I will be super interested to see him match up with NBA centers.

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

FYI Josh Robbins just published a story basically saying it's probably unlikely we sign him to the last roster spot. 

Hope he ends up incorrect. Seems like he would be the perfect glue guy to have around the young players