Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

16 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

But we could have had Moody instead of Wagner…or Bouknight, or Kuminga with some luck or creativity instead of Wagner. I just don’t see any great potential with Wagner…All above mentioned players will be better…

We couldn't have had Kuminga though. And all of these guys have played at most 2 summer league games so how can you possibly say who'll be better?

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also I am literally salivating at lineups that will include all 3 of Suggs, Chuma and Isaac. Defense + feel in buckets. 

Suggs 20 plus points per game, should happen, let's believe it. 

Who are the other 2 or 3 that will produce in the mid to high teens consistently?  

My best guess is: JI, Chuma and TRoss. 

Cole, RJ and Mo / Wendell combination has to give us like 10 to 12 PPG.

I think we will score in the 110 PPG.

Edited by Albert Lergier
Added last sentence.

44 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We couldn't have had Kuminga though. And all of these guys have played at most 2 summer league games so how can you possibly say who'll be better?

If Golden State doesn't pick Kuminga we would have taken him.

Why do you think we couldn't have had him?

57 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I just don’t see a great  potential in Wagner. His ceiling is an average role player. He is not great at anything. He is not a great shooter, ball handler, not athletic, can’t go left etc. his defence is overrated. We were lucky with Suggs but made a wrong choice with the 8th pick.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

I just don’t see a great  potential in Wagner. His ceiling is an average role player. He is not great at anything. He is not a great shooter, ball handler, not athletic, can’t go left etc. his defence is overrated. We were lucky with Suggs but made a wrong choice with the 8th pick.

It is way to early to say that Wagner was the wrong choice. We will not know what he is capable of, until later this season.

26 minutes ago, Extential said:

It is way to early to say that Wagner was the wrong choice. We will not know what he is capable of, until later this season.

Wagner isn’t a 1 year project. He clearly needs to put on some weight and get used to the NBA speed and strength. Everyone trying to determine these young men’s NBA futures off of 1 SL game need to calm down and realize it’s a process. There will be a learning curve and many bumps along the way. We can only hope for health and growth as the season continues. Obviously Suggs is much more NBA ready than Wagner but that still doesn’t discount his potential moving forward. 

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

If Golden State doesn't pick Kuminga we would have taken him.

Why do you think we couldn't have had him?

Because Golden State picked him... 

51 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

We'll see I guess. I disagree but only time will tell. 

50 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Wagner isn’t a 1 year project. He clearly needs to put on some weight and get used to the NBA speed and strength. Everyone trying to determine these young men’s NBA futures off of 1 SL game need to calm down and realize it’s a process. There will be a learning curve and many bumps along the way. We can only hope for health and growth as the season continues. Obviously Suggs is much more NBA ready than Wagner but that still doesn’t discount his potential moving forward. 

I have seen plenty of his college highlights…8th pick was too high for him. We will regret this decision unfortunately. There will be 6-8 players for sure who were picked after and would be much better players.

Mario Hezonja looked very good in his Summer League games. I also just read that the SL leader in player efficiency that year was Stanley Johnson lmao. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

I got this opinion first hand. Two Magic forum heavyweights met and Babir actually took this photo:

vQ7ljDd.jpg

:D

• Upvote 2