Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

I’m not gonna overreact positively or negatively after one Summer League game, but it’s kinda hilarious that people’s take on Suggs was “but Orlando already has guards” lmao

1 minute ago, Sumike4ya said:

Our backcourt will be fiya

I have my sincere questions about Cole and RJ. Neither made me believe, regardless of scoring, that they will continue to grow. Suggs made the right plays and was in the right position for rebounds, blocks, defense, etc. Neither RJ or Cole stood out to me in positive ways tonight. 

Cole Anthony needs to do a better job of getting his teammates involved. The kid couldn't find his place once Suggs took over. Hampton too.

I know it's summer league so I do not want to get to carried away but I could not be more impressed with Suggs.  It's not so much the numbers it is how he plays the game.  He just knows how to play winning basketball.   I don't know what the hell Cole was doing tonight.   

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

I know it's summer league so I do not want to get to carried away but I could not be more impressed with Suggs.  It's not so much the numbers it is how he plays the game.  He just knows how to play winning basketball.   I don't know what the hell Cole was doing tonight.   

+1. I agree completely Suggs did so much more than score 24 points. He impacted winning in so many different ways tonight. 

12 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

Exactly. Suggs just made the right plays and always was aware of where the ball was and how he could do the little things without the ball to make an impact on the game. A lot of guys just don't do that as rookie guards - weaving between other players / boxing out during a shot, taking a charge, great help defense and block anticipation... The biggest thing that sold me on Suggs was, when asked about being a leader for the young guys he's just getting to know, he talked about "how to best motivate each of my teammates, whether that's encouragement or getting in their face." He's ACTIVELY taking note of how to emotionally get the most of EACH teammate on the floor and adjusting his methods to their reactions and his understanding of them. THAT'S the mentality of a d*** franchise leader! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, New Guy said:

Kind of disappointing that Cole isn’t playing better against this level of competition. Still not sold on Cole. He’s put up a lot of questionable looks today. 

On the flip side you see a guy like Immanuel Quickley, dominate and do what he’s supposed to do in summer league play 

Cole is streaky. He’s never been the most efficient guy, but you live with him because he’s clutch. You have to give him the green light.

Actually, Quickley is the same way. He has a lot of hot and cold stretches.

Suggs was fun to watch, RJ show flashes, Wagner need to get stronger, Cole need to stop being a black hole, and Timma should be signed. This is just 1st game and hope they keep getting better. Suggs,Fultz, Okeke, issac, and WCJ would be fun to watch.

Just a little perspective on Suggs and how lucky we are to get him at 5.  If he came out after a year of college in last years draft he probably would have gone #1 overall.  The year before he probably would have been rated along with Ja for who would be #2 behind Zion.  We picked a good year to be bad.  Lol