Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

Well they advertised Wagner as a good off ball defender, his on ball defense needs work.  Gave up a few open 3's and Kuminga is taking him to the rim.  I feel this is why most fans didn't want us to draft someone who's best skill is "Off ball defense"

Favorite bit from that inteview:

Interviewer: “How quickly did you put your pick in when Jalen Suggs dropped to you?”

Weltman: *shyly laughs like they were sprinting to the podium*

Kind of disappointing that Cole isn’t playing better against this level of competition. Still not sold on Cole. He’s put up a lot of questionable looks today. 

On the flip side you see a guy like Immanuel Quickley, dominate and do what he’s supposed to do in summer league play 

6 minutes ago, Extential said:

No passing from our young guys and when they do they are easy to steal.

Anthony picking up where he left off at the end of last season, hogging the ball and putting up bad shots.  

If I were the coach, I’d make them throw three passes every possession before taking a shot unless they have an open layup. 

Just now, VoiceofReason said:

According to Steve Smith, Cole Anthony has shown tonight he can play off ball with Jalen Suggs.....Does any one else feel he has shown that tonight?

Nope.  I have no idea what he’s talking about.  Mostly he’s not talking about the game anyway, so he’s not paying too much attention