Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Summer League Thread

The rookies and 1st year players are definitely the draw, but I think I am most interested in Janis Timma, because I think there is a legit chance he ends up on the roster. The Sylla guy also seems interesting from reading about him, tho I have no idea who he is

1 minute ago, Jason Funderburker said:

The rookies and 1st year players are definitely the draw, but I think I am most interested in Janis Timma, because I think there is a legit chance he ends up on the roster. The Sylla guy also seems interesting from reading about him, tho I have no idea who he is

Have you seen Timma playing in Europe? )

3 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

The only 1 of the 1st 3 picks that looked great yesterday was Green, who looked just like I thought he would and why I wanted to find a way and move up and get him. That being said I expect we will see Suggs perform better than Moddy or Cade did.

It's one summer league game, so I'll hold off on overreactions. However, Cade is not 6'8'. Maybe 6'6. No way does he look the same height as Jayson Tatum or Paul George's listed height. It looks like he would have trouble defending forwards at his size, but I do think the Pistons may need to consider letting Killian run with the 2nd unit as a primary ball handler instead of having Cade stand in the corner as a shooter. I could see the Pistons having spacing issues if Killian plays like Elfrid Payton. 

I predict that Suggs will probably play pretty well, but not shoot a great percentage and score fewer points than we would like to see, and Magic fans promptly panic lol. 

45 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

I predict that Suggs will probably play pretty well, but not shoot a great percentage and score fewer points than we would like to see, and Magic fans promptly panic lol. 

My only expectation is that Cole and RJ look like leaders on the court. Oladipo and AG looked like men against boys when they came back in their second summer leagues.

For the rookies, you don't know what you are going to get. So we'll see how it goes tonight.

A part of me wants to say that Cole will be the leading score as he shows off an improved offense of game and tries to cement himself as a starting point guard for the future. 

At the same time, Suggs has said he’s going to make everyone who drafted someone else before him wish they had drafted him. It’s just one game, and he’s very much a team player, but I envision him coming in with a chip on his shoulder tonight.

3 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Amar Sylla short highlights......

I’m realizing how great of a game this is going to be in light of the fact that the Warriors have Kuminga, whom we will be able to see firsthand what we passed up on.