Soul Bro

2021 Official NBA Draft Day Thread (Let's Go!!!)

Thinking about how Franz is going to be massively underrated on defense for a lot of his career unless we become like a title contender very quickly because he's a white European guy who doesn't put up outlandish blocks and steals. 

Like I feel like at some point during Franz' career he's getting snubbed for an All Defense team in favour of a star player who averages 2.5 steals a game but otherwise isn't nearly as good defensively. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Thinking about how Franz is going to be massively underrated on defense for a lot of his career unless we become like a title contender very quickly because he's a white European guy who doesn't put up outlandish blocks and steals. 

Like I feel like at some point during Franz' career he's getting snubbed for an All Defense team in favour of a star player who averages 2.5 steals a game but otherwise isn't nearly as good defensively. 

The way that boy moves his feet on defense and  gets to his correct spots tells me he will get recognized for DPOY eventually. He’s so young and oozing potential and the fact he was talking about defensive coverages during his press intro bodes well for him staying on the floor early on. I haven’t been this excited to watch summer league since we got Oladipo. We have so many guys to root for and any one of them could make the jump and take it to the next level this season. 

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think should the Magic become a top 4 team in the East (which I think could really happen in 3 years if this core develops as they should), and one of the better defenses, Franz / JI  will be holding down that fort and get recognition, in particular Franz.