Soul Bro

2021 Official NBA Draft Day Thread (Let's Go!!!)

Im not so sure about us losing as much games as some of you guys think. If someone takes a huge jump this season we are making the playoffs. 

If multiple players take jumps its gonna be very interesting.

I'm also realistic..

WeltHam n co may have other ideas.

3 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Starters:

PG: Fultz 

SG: Suggs 

SF: Chuma 

PF: Issac 

C: Carter 

Second Unit 

PG: Cole 

SG: RJ 

SF: Ross 

PF: Franz 

C Bamba 

This full youth movement means we need to find a new home for Harris, MCW and Bacon.  As they are vets and don’t deserve to be end of bench guys. 

We don't have to do anything with Bacon besides waive him. His contract isn't guaranteed yet, we have until August 9th. I would like to see if Harris can come back healthy, but since he is on the last year of his contract, he is probably a trade deadline move. MCW is cheap insurance, and a good defensive guy to plug in for specific times. I hope we bring back Franz' brother Moe Wagner as a cheap backup PF/C. I think he played well in that role at the end of the year and earned that shot. 

I’d personally like to keep Moe over Mo as our backup center. He showed toughness, awareness and just better overall play than Mo last year. Oh and he’s only 24 while Mo is 23. Maybe Mo becomes a consistent basketball player this year, I’m just not holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

We don't have to do anything with Bacon besides waive him. His contract isn't guaranteed yet, we have until August 9th. I would like to see if Harris can come back healthy, but since he is on the last year of his contract, he is probably a trade deadline move. MCW is cheap insurance, and a good defensive guy to plug in for specific times. I hope we bring back Franz' brother Mo Wagner as a cheap backup PF/C. I think he played well in that role at the end of the year and earned that shot. 

Ha! You beat me to the Moe comment by two minutes. Agree.

Good morning everyone, really happy with the draft. I still can`t believe the Raptors passed on Suggs, thanks The North!!

I am a little worried that we have 3 2nd years and 2 1rt year players on the roster, we won`t be able to sign all of them long term. But that is a not something we shouldn`t worry about right now.

Something to think about is that we have 6 guards that "should" play at least 24 mins a night: Cole, RJ, Fultz, Suggs, Ross and Harris. Other than Cole they can all play the 3 for a few minutes a night and with Fultz missing the first half the season, probably, that shoudn`t be a major problem at the start of the season. Gary Harris was viewed as a key part of the Nuggets rebuild and change of culture, that is a guy I would like to have on the roster. He is still young at 26-27 years old. Although he was pretty "meh" for us last season.

Soooo, Ross is like 100% getting traded before the trade deadline?

Ps: I believe the return we get from Ross should be greater than what we would get from Harris.

We have a bunch of exciting prospects at guard and forward now. For my money the places up in the air are the C position and  true wings (2/3)  (I have an outside hope RJ Hampton can plug in there but whether he's good enough and actually tall enough remains to be seen). 

What's crazy is the 2022 draft is quite light on guards and is more focused on bigs and wings which fits us to a tee as we continue this rebuild.

It's almost ideal to me that we have 2 C's on essentially expiring deals, we can let them battle it out all year and at the end of the year if neither has impressed we might get the chance to draft one of Chet, Nzosa, Duren or Banchero (Banchero is probably a 4 but with the size and defense of Franz and Isaac I can see a world where he plays the 5 in a position-less kind of way). 

I am very excited about this season and this rebuild.