Soul Bro

2021 Official NBA Draft Day Thread (Let's Go!!!)

I think it's entirely possible our front office wanted Barnes. I've never liked him as a prospect, myself, but I get why people do. If he develops as a scorer he could be Giannis light. But I don't like picking a guy based purely on potential when he hasn't even shown a mentality to score, and has shown absolutely zero scoring aptitude to this point. I wouldn't have thrown a fit if he'd been our pick at 5, assuming Suggs was gone, because I don't think anyone else was necessarily better at that spot. But I like Suggs because he already has some NBA skills on the offensive end, and he's maybe not quite as high upside but much, much, much higher floor. I'm a pessimist, really, but I want to believe. That's why I like Suggs; at worst he's a solid starting PG, but he has All-star potential. Proper #5 pick. Our front office maybe isn't as pessimistic as me, so maybe they wanted Barnes but settled. That's fine. I'm happy.

Also, as for comparisons for Wagner, does anyone else see a better version of Chandler Parsons? Not that level shooter yet, I get it. But he's a rangy, smart, team player who seems to always make the right play, but probably could stand to be a bit more aggressive on offense. That's how I always viewed Parsons (though, admittedly, Wagner's defense looks even better than Parsons' did).

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Still about 3/4 of the minutes played were by the guys currently on the team, including Anthony, Okeke, Carter, Bamba, Harris, etc.  

Again incorrect, as already stated by others. A large proportion of minutes/games last season went to players that are/will no longer be on the team.

Gone - Vooch, Fournier, AG, Randle, Birch, Mane, Thornwell, Franks, Hall, Cannady, Bone, Clark, Aminu, Mason, Porter, Ennis, Bacon, Brazdeikis, Wagner (19 players.) Brazdeikis and Wagner both could possibly be brought back on cheap deals as end of bench guys, total games played for the season  434

Of the players left a couple played just over half the season, the rest, much less or nothing at all - Anthony, Bamba, Carter, MCW, Fultz, Isaac, Hampton, Harris, Okeke, Ross (10 players) total games played for the season 291. They account for 36% of total minutes played of all players last season. On top of that, Ross and Harris are most likely to be traded by the start of the season or by all star break and MCW likely will see next to no playing time.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Captain said:

I actually think we’re going to have a good team this year

Me too. Health willing. We gonna take the league by storm

• Upvote 1

I’m on Twitter right now reading a Toronto fan account who is predicting Scottie puts up 16/7/5 in his rookie year on 42/25/75 shooting, and will *at worst* be their 3rd option. It cannot be overstated how happy I am we got Suggs. 

6 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

I’m on Twitter right now reading a Toronto fan account who is predicting Scottie puts up 16/7/5 in his rookie year on 42/25/75 shooting, and will *at worst* be their 3rd option. It cannot be overstated how happy I am we got Suggs. 

Dude went 10/4/4 a game in college. That's nuts. Barely the third option on Florida State behind two guys who won't see the G-League. Who is this yahoo on twitter?