Soul Bro

2021 Official NBA Draft Day Thread (Let's Go!!!)

13 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

The offseason is not over but next season Magic games are must see TV!  We might not be that good yet as young teams struggle but we will be fun to watch:)

Obviously there is still a lot yet to play out, but I distinctly remember all those years ago trying to project how we could build something with Payton, Oladipo, Harkless, Harris, Gordon, and Vuc. Comparing that group to this nucleus is currently both hilarious and depressing. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

Obviously there is still a lot yet to play out, but I distinctly remember all those years ago trying to project how we could build something with Payton, Oladipo, Harkless, Harris, Gordon, and Vuc. Comparing that group to this nucleus is currently both hilarious and depressing. 

The old group was depressing.  This group has potential.  

52 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Starters:
PG: Markelle Fultz
SG: Jalen Suggs
SF:  RJ Hampton
PF: Jonathan Isaac
C: Mo Bamba

Bench:
PG: Cole Anthony
SG: Terrance Ross
SF: Chuma Okeke
PF: Franz Wagner
C: Wendell Carter Jr.

PF/C Moe Wagner

We got really good, really fast.

I would change Chuma with RJ and switch Ross and RJ from the bench

I was occupied during the draft. I'm so glad we got a Jalen! 

Green was the dream, because we need a star, but Suggs is a pick i can't debate. Great kid, great intangibles and super high floor and a leader. Two things i have said for years, we need a point guard and we need a leader or alpha. Jalen is the real deal and what he becomes is only limited by his shot. He already has the intangibles. Wagner makes sense for us in that we had to get some size and a true small forward. He might grow into a power forwards size but he  a has small forwards make-up. I think he fits in with Chuma and Isaac. This team is going to be super fun to watch next year.

Some must watch content on our picks if you ask me:

Its not propaganda though it's honest breakdowns of strengths and weaknesses and gets really deep in the weeds on micro skills etc. 

EDIT: the Franz one is better. I'm rewatching the Suggs one and I forgot it wasnt the same clip by clip breakdown as the Franz one. 

So happy for Franz & his family. Ever since I met him, & Axel, in Greece I knew he was special

Not only did Boogie make me a better coach, he made me a better person & I thank him. So blessed

I can’t wait to see how he does on the next level! 

OH and dinner is on him!

Juwan Howard