Soul Bro

2021 Official NBA Draft Day Thread (Let's Go!!!)

1 minute ago, og magic fan said:

Every site I saw was pushing Barnes stock.  Trust me I am not complaining overall.  We may have a franchise type player finally!!

We were in a win/win situation.  But thanks to Toronto we won overall.  It ia always hard to measure intangibles vs skillset.  Suggs has won everywhere he has gone.  He has a winner mentality.  Not many rookies say that the will make those teams "pay" who do not draft them.  He has that inner confidence that stars have.  No veteran can teach him that.  Just like Ja Morant and Trae Young excelled early I think Suggs can too.  Doncic was pick 5 so perhaps Suggs at pick 5 will be our star.  

I am incredibly happy with tonight!  We may have found our next franchise player with an unexpected gift.  But overall we have an impressive and deep collection of young talent right now.  We have future draft capital and cap flexibility.  We have so many ways we can build this team into something that could be great.  Can't wait till the Suggs gear comes out.   Hmmm #1 

6 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

We were in a win/win situation.  But thanks to Toronto we won overall.  It ia always hard to measure intangibles vs skillset.  Suggs has won everywhere he has gone.  He has a winner mentality.  Not many rookies say that the will make those teams "pay" who do not draft them.  He has that inner confidence that stars have.  No veteran can teach him that.  Just like Ja Morant and Trae Young excelled early I think Suggs can too.  Doncic was pick 5 so perhaps Suggs at pick 5 will be our star.  

I said it earlier he has that "it" factor.  You know it when you see it.  

I'm still beaming, y'all. Toronto Fans have to be scratching their heads. I can't believe we got a legit future All-Star.

WeltHam got lucky. Really lucky. And so did Magic fans. 

My goodness. I still can't believe it. Good night! 

Toronto got a "D" for heir draft. We got an "A"+! https://sports.yahoo.com/2021-nba-draft-first-round-report-card-starring-the-rockets-and-magic-034702126.html

I wonder if Weltham used some DeVoss money to pay off writers to hype Scottie Barnes?

1 minute ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Toronto got a "D" for heir draft. We got an "A"+! https://sports.yahoo.com/2021-nba-draft-first-round-report-card-starring-the-rockets-and-magic-034702126.html

I wonder if Weltham used some DeVoss money to pay off writers to hype Scottie Barnes?

I would say Toronto has been historically really good at picking players, but looking at their draft history, Siakam is the only players who has panned out for them over the past 8 years (but also haven't had overly high picks in that time). I'd like to see how they've explained it to their fans. 

Jalen Suggs, Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton, Chuma Okeke and Franz Wagner coming to summer league hahaha!

I cannot wait!!!!!

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

I would say Toronto has been historically really good at picking players, but looking at their draft history, Siakam is the only players who has panned out for them over the past 8 years (but also haven't had overly high picks in that time). I'd like to see how they've explained it to their fans. 

Their current weird situation has to make you feel like that kermit the frog meme...

Seen so many people saying Weltman never did anything useful and Toronto's success was all on Masai... and sure Masai is great but do they really feel that confident now about such an incendiary take.