Soul Bro

2021 Official NBA Draft Day Thread (Let's Go!!!)

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Bit of an overreaction. 

Why?  We could have been looking at a Barnes and Wagner draft with no other moves and again getting rid of a second rounder.  

1 minute ago, og magic fan said:

Why?  We could have been looking at a Barnes and Wagner draft with no other moves and again getting rid of a second rounder.  

It's entirely possible we wouldn't have picked Wagner if we drafted Barnes since they're very similar.

3 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

So basically WeltHam does nothing really great.  They just got incredibly lucky that Suggs fell to them?  

They got very lucky but maybe they are playing 4d chess by not bringing in Suggs and pushing up Scottie’s draft stock. Mmmmmmmm

One last thought before I log off and go to bed (and dream of the potentially lockdown defense of a Suggs/RJ/Wagner/Isaac/WCJ lineup) 

How the hell has Jared Butler not been drafted yet? Teams must have been terrified by his medical information.

I understand the frustration over past 2nd round picks being moved and drafts “flattening out” but we need to think of this situation differently. We currently have 2 rookies 3 2nd year 2 4th year and 2 5th year players with guaranteed spots on our roster. We’ve got plenty of youth to develop and we need to use our remaining roster space for some vets for these young fellas

• Upvote 1

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bouknight , Kai Jones, Zaire Williams <a href="https://t.co/CK4diOpRnq">https://t.co/CK4diOpRnq</a></p>— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/1420937191518351361?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bringing back up Steve Kyler, I'm Lol'ing. 

Edit: I still apparently have no idea how to insert Tweets on this forum. 

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's entirely possible we wouldn't have picked Wagner if we drafted Barnes since they're very similar.

Woj reported Wagner was #1 on our board at that point.  I know you saw that.  

Just now, og magic fan said:

Woj reported Wagner was #1 on our board at that point.  I know you saw that.  

Woj always embellishes his tweets when all he's really saying is "X team are drafting Y guy"

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I understand the frustration over past 2nd round picks being moved and drafts “flattening out” but we need to think of this situation differently. We currently have 2 rookies 3 2nd year 2 4th year and 2 5th year players with guaranteed spots on our roster. We’ve got plenty of youth to develop and we need to use our remaining roster space for some vets for these young fellas

The future 2nd from the Clippers is one of Detroits so it just hopefully be a low 2nd round pick at least.

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

They got very lucky but maybe they are playing 4d chess by not bringing in Suggs and pushing up Scottie’s draft stock. Mmmmmmmm

Every site I saw was pushing Barnes stock.  Trust me I am not complaining overall.  We may have a franchise type player finally!!

I’m a little disappointed we didn’t grab one of Keon Johnson or Jaden Springer but OMG I am beyond happy with how our first two picks went!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Woj always embellishes his tweets when all he's really saying is "X team are drafting Y guy"

You could be right.  But overall this was a great draft:)