Soul Bro

2021 Official NBA Draft Day Thread (Let's Go!!!)

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

This is admittedly a crazy thought, but hey, draft night is fun for crazy thinking. If we could get Ben Simmons for a combination of Ross or Harris/one of our guards (let’s say Cole for hypotheticals) and a first, would you?

Fultz/Suggs

RJ/Harris

Simmons/Franz

Isaac/Chuma

Carter/Bamba

just thinking… lol

Nice thought.  But unfortunately Philly wants more in return to win now then what we have currently.

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

Have you seen what Philly are asking for for Simmons? Apparently they wanted like 4 future 1sts, FVV and OG from Toronto.

Oh, I’ve seen it. Hence why he hasn’t been traded yet. I’d never pay that price for him, obviously, but if we could get him for cheap, would we consider it?

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Have you seen what Philly are asking for for Simmons? Apparently they wanted like 4 future 1sts, FVV and OG from Toronto.

They are smoking some good stuff in Philly lately.

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh, I’ve seen it. Hence why he hasn’t been traded yet. I’d never pay that price for him, obviously, but if we could get him for cheap, would we consider it?

He would have to agree to be a point forward.  A supercharged Draymond Green.  And I would not give up to much of our future for him.  

Is it going to be JT Thor at 33? He's a huge young guy with a massive wingspan and fluid athlete. If Weltman and Hammond don't draft him they're surely putting the long boi narrative to bed.  

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Gosh man we need to keep this

We need more vets on the Magic, but no reason why to not draft someone and put them in the G-league. Maybe we don't want to pay someone for the likelihood of them making our team? 

Strangely OKC jumped from 34 to 32 to pick Jeremiah Robinson Earl, weird one unless they thought we'd draft him or trade 33 to someone who'd draft him.