jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Josh Robbins reporting Bacon likely to be waived and we want to add a vet power forward. Don't know if that's his own speculation or sources.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

scroll down the list till you can see TBD(to be decided). It shows who's left. 

Now much left. Milsap is the obvious answer but is he done ring chasing? Feliciano and Mike Scott are a big no from me dog, but they might be all we can afford. I used to love Patrick Peterson, but he seems cooked. Great mentor though. Dj Wilson and Vanderbilt intrigue me. 

Khem Birch is still available. Toronto has to have promised him they are signing him back, just waiting till friday?

9 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

scroll down the list till you can see TBD(to be decided). It shows who's left. 

Now much left. Milsap is the obvious answer but is he done ring chasing? Feliciano and Mike Scott are a big no from me dog, but they might be all we can afford. I used to love Patrick Peterson, but he seems cooked. Great mentor though. Dj Wilson and Vanderbilt intrigue me. 

Khem Birch is still available. Toronto has to have promised him they are signing him back, just waiting till friday?

Don’t think there’s any evidence of Milsap ring chasing. He’s been in the league for 15 years and played for 3 small market teams with at least 4 years at each stop. 

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Don’t think there’s any evidence of Milsap ring chasing. He’s been in the league for 15 years and played for 3 small market teams with at least 4 years at each stop. 

I should have said he should ring chase now as a minimum player. It's possible he would not do that, your right he just moved from team to team every time he got paid.

We don't have money so unless he loves Disney world not sure how we get him. He would be a perfect mentor and his rate stats were decent the last two years.

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

WTF? Didn't he have two years left? Have to check his contract status. It's a real bad precedent if players are getting 60 million plus to walk. Either i remember his contract wrong or he gave a huge chunk of money back. Players have too much power now. All these old guy contracts are going to bite these teams in the ass. I mean alot of these old guys should be getting paid but at probably half the rate they are getting. 

We really picked the best time to rebuild.

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

So other than this one thing on twitter, I haven't been able to find any other confirmation/sources to verify this extension, which seems pretty odd to me. Anyone else heard or seen anything to back up this report?

This was the only rumor. Matt Moore put it out there and then it got aggregated. Personally, I don't buy it, but I've been wrong many times before. Does not seem like a WeltHam thing to do based off of ~20ish games.

Not a huge John Collins guy. But maybe that's just because every time he plays against the Magic, Isaac devours him. He did look pretty good in the playoffs I suppose. 

51 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

WTF? Didn't he have two years left? Have to check his contract status. It's a real bad precedent if players are getting 60 million plus to walk. Either i remember his contract wrong or he gave a huge chunk of money back. Players have too much power now. All these old guy contracts are going to bite these teams in the ass. I mean alot of these old guys should be getting paid but at probably half the rate they are getting. 

We really picked the best time to rebuild.

Kemba is due about $36M for this year and had a player option for $37.65M for '22-'23.

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

excellent!!!

Exactly what we needed. Having Moe and Franz on the same team, with Moe having a great year last year, makes a whole lot of sense. Loving this off-season!