jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Here's why Robin Lopez is a great pickup in my opinion:

He's an incredibly fun guy and by all accounts a great teammate.

He's a great option to bang with the more physical bigs in the league if WCJ and Bamba are struggling. 

One of the things he's great at is boxing out. Which will help with the up-tempo style Mosely wants to play with. Lopez can box out and allow our guards and wings to grab the board and immediately push in transition.

EDIT: his hook shot is one of the most fun shots in the league.

3 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I'm shocked nobody has signed Gary Clark yet! 

Think we might get Ennis back, but if i had to guess he will be in Philly or L.A. 

I doubt Ennis would go back to Philly, since they gave him away for nothing a couple of years ago, and I don't see him signing for a veteran minimum just to chase a title. I still would like to see him come back to us. 

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Here's why Robin Lopez is a great pickup in my opinion:

He's an incredibly fun guy and by all accounts a great teammate.

He's a great option to bang with the more physical bigs in the league if WCJ and Bamba are struggling. 

One of the things he's great at is boxing out. Which will help with the up-tempo style Mosely wants to play with. Lopez can box out and allow our guards and wings to grab the board and immediately push in transition.

I do like this pickup, though I do wonder what other moves we are planning for our bigs. Lopez doesn't really play PF, so are we still looking at bringing Moe Wagner back or not? I still think we need another SF, since we currently only have combo players for that role - Ross is a SG/SF, Okeke is a PF/SF, and word is that Franz is a SF/PF now.  Combined with the extension to WCJ, does signing Robin Lopez mean there is a plan to move on from Bamba? Is there something else in the works? With as closed-mouth as this front office is, who knows. 

We are now at 13 roster spots filled. If we guarantee Bacon we will be at 14 spots; I hope we don't, I would rather bring back Brazdeikis than Bacon. Iggy kind of reminds me of Ennis, only younger. I am still hoping we bring Ennis back, since he hasn't signed anywhere else yet.  

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I do like this pickup, though I do wonder what other moves we are planning for our bigs. Lopez doesn't really play PF, so are we still looking at bringing Moe Wagner back or not? I still think we need another SF, since we currently only have combo players for that role - Ross is a SG/SF, Okeke is a PF/SF, and word is that Franz is a SF/PF now.  Combined with the extension to WCJ, does signing Robin Lopez mean there is a plan to move on from Bamba? Is there something else in the works? With as closed-mouth as this front office is, who knows. 

We are now at 13 roster spots filled. If we guarantee Bacon we will be at 14 spots; I hope we don't, I would rather bring back Brazdeikis than Bacon. Iggy kind of reminds me of Ennis, only younger. I am still hoping we bring Ennis back, since he hasn't signed anywhere else yet.  

Don't think we will be bringing back Mo Wagner now to be honest. 

1 roster spot + Bacon. I agree it should be a wing. Hopefully Ennis returns.  

36 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think that's a possible yes, or a definite maybe. 

I like JJ, and he has shown himself to be a true professional with an amazing work ethic. His constant-motion approach to the game is something a lot of our young guys can learn from, and if he can teach them to shoot then he is invaluable. But, I'm not sure he is ready and willing to take on a bench/coaching role just yet. He is still a valuable 20-25 minute a game player, and we wouldn't want him taking that much time away from our young players. If he was more of a front-court player it would be a no-brainer; but as a guy who plays almost exclusively at the SG position, I am not 100% sure. 

I would bring JJ here in a heartbeat. He and his wife, Chelsea, loved Orlando and were very involved in the community. He's a great culture guy and would have a ton of impart, but I think unless the money isn't there or is significantly more, he'll want one more chance at winning.

Just now, TreyMachine said:

Carmelo Anthony going to the Lakers. It was only a matter of time before LeBron got him to come over. 

Dwayne Wade 100% coming out of retirement to join this crew lol