jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Just thinking we tried to trade for Oubre if u remember so surely they are interested still... or maybe not.

We'll see. I'm not sure I believe we tried to trade for him. 

55 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We'll see. I'm not sure I believe we tried to trade for him. 

It was kind of everywhere if i remember rightly. Anyway lets just see what happens 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just seen Georges Niang is unlikely to return to Utah. I'd offer him like a 2 year deal above the minimum. Hes a good fit for us I think.

I’d do this just to not have to play against him and get torched 2 to 4 times a year.

Every minute that passes that James Ennis is unsigned I’m more convinced we’re bringing him back.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

They actually had no space. Lowry was a S&T, Tucker is the MLE and they used bird rights on Robinson. They're going to be deep in the tax probably. 

The fans will pay astronomic prices to go to the games.....

We just need to " Beat The Heat" ALWAYS

11 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Unfortunate. I loved PJ on the Bucks. PJ on the Heat is going to be annoying. 

PJ is like an Iguadola replacement.....equal at best or maybe Andre is better even at his age.

I was one of the people wanting Oubre, but i would much rather have Doug Mcdermott. Considering he went to San Antonio for a 3 years 42 million, i feel we could have had him easily. 

He is just above what we pay Terrance Ross. He is a more consistent 3 point shooter and is actually pretty good around the rim. 

On 8/2/2021 at 8:45 AM, hootie249 said:

Don't worry about him setting a bad example or being a ball hog or ball stopper. Guy knows he's about 1 minute from being out of the league. He's worth keeping for 1.6 million.

I’m worried about him setting a bad example by being a ball hog.  If you’re trying to create a mindset of team basketball which requires you to trust your teammates, a guy who always thinks that his shot is a better option than anyone else’s is the opposite of what you want.  

• Upvote 1

Congrats to the Miami Heat on assembling the most expensive perennial 1st/2nd round exit team of all time. 

Love this for the Jazz. Not a big Rudy Gay fan generally but adding another big wing who can shoot and also create his own offense will be huge in the playoffs.