jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Heat sign PJ Tucker, 2 year $15 million. I had no idea they had this much cap space

They actually had no space. Lowry was a S&T, Tucker is the MLE and they used bird rights on Robinson. They're going to be deep in the tax probably. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I think the question for many (from what we heard from Chicago) was his unawareness on the floor and occasional lack of effort. I’m concerned but hoping last year wasn’t a fluke. Last thing we additionally want is to lose him in FA after taking a step forward this season if so. in that sense, but better to sign him now. 

He'll be an RFA so literally no risk in losing him if we want to keep him. 

I'm happy we didn't do anything last night. Keep the cap clean. Wait for the initial rush to end and then pick up a vet or two on short deals once the roster space and money on contenders has dried up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hard pass. 

I think so too. Would be a great storyline. Defence would be the best in the league easily lol.

I think we go Oubre

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

Jimmy Butler is going to make 50m in his age 36 season... I'd bet that by the end of his contract the Magic are a better team. 

We r better by the season after this mark my words

Just now, Jay Magic said:

I think so too. Would be a great storyline. Defence would be the best in the league easily lol.

I think we go Oubre

Be surprised if we go Oubre unless its like 12m a season type money that we think we can trade at the deadline/next summer for more assets. He's the opposite of what we need (solid experienced vet, willing to just play a role, not expecting big money, can shoot). 

The Bulls have got better short term adding Lonzo and Caruso. Their guard rotation is pretty solid now. Going to be tough to make the playoffs in the East this year though I imagine, Toronto will be back, Pacers and Hornets and maybe even Pistons will be pushing. 

That 2023 Bulls pick could still be a decent pick for us. 

Just seen Georges Niang is unlikely to return to Utah. I'd offer him like a 2 year deal above the minimum. Hes a good fit for us I think.

26 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Be surprised if we go Oubre unless its like 12m a season type money that we think we can trade at the deadline/next summer for more assets. He's the opposite of what we need (solid experienced vet, willing to just play a role, not expecting big money, can shoot). 

Just thinking we tried to trade for Oubre if u remember so surely they are interested still... or maybe not.