jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

I think the goal here is in FA is the ad veteran locker room presence whom are satisfied with us being the group that will pay them the most to sit at second or third string to be a competitor in practice to help develop our young talent and a positive locker room presence the 7 core guys on our team whom aren’t older than 22. 

I can’t see us signing anyone whom will compete with or take meaningful minutes from our young players. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

With free agency kicking off tomorrow I'm really wondering what we're going to do if anything. I have no read on if we'll try and add vets to be competitive or just random end of bench vets. Or maybe add a youngish player to play a role who could at least be a positive asset a year from now even if they're not part of the core? 

We obviously have the full MLE and the BAE and 2 open roster spots (would become 3 if we waive Bacon).

We also have 2 2 way spots and again I have no read on what we'll do with them. We haven't snapped up any of the interesting UFA yet so maybe we'll see how Summer League goes before offering them? Give some of the SL guys a reason to play hard maybe? 

Hopefully we get involved in trades with the TPE and pick up extra assets. That might fill a roster spot or two.

Another pick for the 2022 draft......

CT, how is that draft class looking?

45 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Another pick for the 2022 draft......

CT, how is that draft class looking?

Not as strong a top tier as this one probably (at this moment it doesn't look like there's a single prospect as good as Cade) but a bunch of potentially really interesting guys. Mostly bigs and wings which suits us really. 

EDIT: if I'm honest I don't know too much yet, I've only had a cursory glance at some of the top prospects so far, this just seems to be the thinking from smart draft people. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I think the goal here is in FA is the ad veteran locker room presence whom are satisfied with us being the group that will pay them the most to sit at second or third string to be a competitor in practice to help develop our young talent and a positive locker room presence the 7 core guys on our team whom aren’t older than 22. 

I can’t see us signing anyone whom will compete with or take meaningful minutes from our young players. 

I wouldn't mind us bringing back Otto Porter at the right price. 

Porter

Wagner

Korkmaz

Trade Ross to Lakers for Talen Horton Tucker and a 1st round draft pick.

25 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Porter

Wagner

Korkmaz

THT is an RFA, we'd have to commit to paying him and we already have a bunch of guards. 

25 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Porter

Wagner

Korkmaz

THT is an RFA, we'd have to commit to paying him and we already have a bunch of guards. 

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I look at THT as more of a shooting guard/small forward. He's more like Josh Hart, who's only inch taller than him but THT has a longer wingspan than Hart. 

We really don't need a guard but the Bulls have declined the team option on Ryan Arcidiacano and I quite like him as an end of the bench guy. Doubt it happens.