jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

45 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Good for Ennis. Had hoped we'd keep him but he deserves a shot playing a role in a contender. 

I am still hoping that he stays, but I certainly would understand the interest from contenders, and wouldn't blame him if he decides to move on. To my mind he is exactly the type of veteran we want here, and he plays a position of need for us. 

8 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I am still hoping that he stays, but I certainly would understand the interest from contenders, and wouldn't blame him if he decides to move on. To my mind he is exactly the type of veteran we want here, and he plays a position of need for us. 

Yea I'd do like 2 for 10-12 mil or something to try and keep him. I imagine most contenders would only be offering the vet min or the BAE.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

How about Evan beating team USA? 

The architect of the USA roster has to go back to the drawing board...and the staff too.

NO true PG, except for Jrue Holiday, and basically NO center. How can you play at this level without having solid players at these positions....it's crazy. Cole and Wendell could have help.

Better watch out....win the next 2 or go home and we know that for USA is gold or gold, nothing in between. They still have a lot of good players so let's hope they win it all.

10 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

The architect of the USA roster has to go back to the drawing board...and the staff too.

NO true PG, except for Jrue Holiday, and basically NO center. How can you play at this level without having solid players at these positions....it's crazy. Cole and Wendell could have help.

Better watch out....win the next 2 or go home and we know that for USA is gold or gold, nothing in between. They still have a lot of good players so let's hope they win it all.

I think much of it is also jelling. There is an entitlement to Team USA that we don't need to practice, but different teams run different defensive rotations and you need to be practicing. Also being a great offensive player doesn't make you a great team player who fits well with other scorers or without the ball. 

Hopefully this loss lights a fire under their a**es. 

Also, it's not the architect's fault is they invite PG's and C's and no one wants to play. Kudos on Booker, Holiday, and Middleton on coming to help the US right after the finals. Something tells me having them will help tremendously. 

Apparently you can get Jarrett Culver for a second rounder. I know we don't need another guard who can't shoot really but the price is so low on that it might be worth it. If he doesn't work out oh well move on but if he does you get a lottery talent for a 2nd round pick.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Apparently you can get Jarrett Culver for a second rounder. I know we don't need another guard who can't shoot really but the price is so low on that it might be worth it. If he doesn't work out oh well move on but if he does you get a lottery talent for a 2nd round pick.

I'd give it a go for sure

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wow… Many of us missed on him. I’d do that deal as a reclamation project.