jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Guys Kai Jones?

Talk to me...

I never paid much attention to him. After watching some YouTube videos on him this guy really really intrigues me. Wow.

I could see us taking him. Fits the mold.

Should be in draft discussion. I'm more worried about what veterans we have going into next season on this thread. We simply cannot just throw 8 to 9 rookie and second year players into the mix. That's what we did last time. We need an alpha dog. 

Even if we are super bad next year we need a player that is a leader. It's too late on the coaching level. Coaches do not play and we don't have a savant anywhere on the coaching or management staff.

• Downvote 1

Pat Delaney is joining Wes Unseld Jr.'s staff in Washington so it's safe to say we'll probably have a whole new coaching staff. 

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Pat Delaney is joining Wes Unseld Jr.'s staff in Washington so it's safe to say we'll probably have a whole new coaching staff. 

I'm good with that! Let's get a few great shooting coaches and a great trainer this time around

19 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Should be in draft discussion. I'm more worried about what veterans we have going into next season on this thread. We simply cannot just throw 8 to 9 rookie and second year players into the mix. That's what we did last time. We need an alpha dog. 

Even if we are super bad next year we need a player that is a leader. It's too late on the coaching level. Coaches do not play and we don't have a savant anywhere on the coaching or management staff.

This is one reason I think we are looking to move up in the draft. During one of the past drafts, we punted (traded) a 1st round pick we had. Management said they wanted a balance of young players and vets. They also said in the post that they did not want too many young player at once. Therefore, I think we are looking to package picks/players to move up in the draft to get the best talent, but also to not bring in too many younger players at once.

My biggest fear is that we give up too many assets in a dumb trade. I would rather hold on to the 5th and the 8th, then to see a bad trade.

So here is another possibility in this offseason “multiverse”: assuming the above is true and ATL chooses to keep and re-sign Hunter and Huerter in the future, would you trade our #8 pick for Cam Reddish?

24 minutes ago, JayMac said:

So here is another possibility in this offseason “multiverse”: assuming the above is true and ATL chooses to keep and re-sign Hunter and Huerter in the future, would you trade our #8 pick for Cam Reddish?

No but I might do the Denver pick. 

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

ALL DAY LONG!!!! OMG!!!! Reddish has star upside. Camborghini Reddish

Id give up more than 8 for him

If the Hawks think they cannot pay Collins, Hunter and Reddish we should try to trade for one of them. Reasonable, they can't actually afford all three. Unreasonable, no way they trade them in the division.

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

No, but I'd swap 8 and 20 for him.

11 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

No, but I'd swap 8 and 20 for him.

Reddish is worth 8 and a future pick if you ask me