jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Potentially 7 draft picks this draft for the Thunder. At least 4 in the top 40, maybe 5. I imagine they'll try to trade up and consolidate picks but if I was an exec the price would be high considering the alternative for OKC is drafting 7 guys which I can't imagine would go well. 

I think presti is dumb. Unless they are trading the vast majority of these for future picks, you can’t roll into a season with 7 rookies

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I think presti is dumb. Unless they are trading the vast majority of these for future picks, you can’t roll into a season with 7 rookies

18 first round picks in 7 consecutive season is dumb? I think is the best strategy ever, even better than hinkie's process. okc will be a decade long contender in a couple of years, and will avoid cap issues due to this.

way to redeem himself after the harden fiasco, maybe the worst move in the entire league of the past 2 decades

On 6/16/2021 at 2:58 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Hammon is an incredibly well respected coach. Dismissing her as a diversity hire is inappropriate. 

Meanwhile you just hand waive away the fact that Kidd is a known abuser and drunk driver by saying 'high character guys haven't worked out' which is a clear correlation =/= causation thing.

The "high character guys not working out was tongue in cheek" because I would like a high character guy.  But people can change after mistakes are made and Current article on Jason Kidd reflects his growth (this is not an endorsement of hiring him due to his earlier life but the lack of what he has done positive for players and teams versus the over the top negativity on him is ridiculous--"let he who has not sinned cast the first stone or, in this case, boulders")

https://theundefeated.com/features/jason-kidd-on-being-an-nba-head-coach-i-would-love-to-have-another-opportunity/

Secondly I never said Becky Hammon was not swell respected. Once again show me where she has had any great player development.  Spurs have gone in the opposite direction since she has been there. And to say her hire has nothing to do with her being the first woman head coach in the NBA, appealing to the female (and possibly LBQT) fanbase from a business persepctive, is being blind to reality.  Just the other day a billboard in Boston said "It's time to shake it up Hire Becky (Hammon) or Kara (Lawson)".   Forget any well qualified males.   Any coach we hire better be well respected (And yes Jason Kidd is well respected too).   We need to hire the best candidate in player development, who can get the respect of the young players, who can coach offense (hopefully innovative).  The one positive I have read on Becky Hammon is she has a vision of passing the ball more than the current NBA teams do.  That is innovation.  It may not work but it is a new way of doing things.  I do not think she is the best hire but if management does I am all for it just as if management says Kidd is the best hire I will be all for that too.  But without a doubt (as the above article indicates and numerous others I can site) Kidd has a really good resume.  To be sure if anyone hires him they need to be sure the negatives are in the past.

• Upvote 1

With the Nets being eliminated we might start seeing some coaching dominos fall. Rumours that Udoka is the favourite for the Celts job. 

8 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’d throw some money at Dinwiddie. We gotta spend it somewhere 

I like him but do we need another ACL player to add to the list?