jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

It took Bamba like 6 months to be able to practice full time after he had it. That’s probably an extreme example, but that’s just who I could think of off the top of my head on only our roster. 

He also specifically said he wasn't a Covid longhauler. But he obviously had some serious lasting effects 

52 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

What are the statistics for 20 something year old athletes getting very sick from Covid?  1 in 20000 or less?   

Remember that for the great majority of healthy people in their 20s, Covid is at most a bad cold.  

Yes but with the variants coming out things are changing. Best prophylaxis right now is the vaccine. 

40 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

It took Bamba like 6 months to be able to practice full time after he had it. That’s probably an extreme example, but that’s just who I could think of off the top of my head on only our roster. 

Right and we don’t even know what’s further down the line. 

2 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yes but with the variants coming out things are changing. Best prophylaxis right now is the vaccine. 

If a variant becomes so deadly that your not safe at any age even with the vaccine, us blaming Jon Issac and other non-vax does no good in that situation. At that point you shut down the NBA season...you shut everything down. I think Biden is pitting us to hate the un-vax for 2022 elections.

There are a number of deadly viruses out there that we have vaccines for and not everyone takes those vaccines because of religious or auto-immune reasons. Why is COVID any differant? Those viruses are just as deadly. I am vaccinated for COVID, anthrax and Small pox. Most of the population does not have the anthrax or Small pox vaccine. If there were an outbreak of those two deadlier viruses than I wouldn't blame an unvax small pox person if they got me sick with a variant.

You get a vaccine to protect you! There will not be 100% getting the vaccine. There never was before and it won't happen with the Covid vaccine, we just need to accept it and move on. The saber rattling is to divide, scare and get you to the polls in 2022.  I support getting the vaccine, but I also support anyone's choice not to get it. Issac is still the best player on this team! If he plays well I don't care if he sits out a few games because of a religious belief. If he starts to suck or gets injured we move on. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MagicTurk said:

If a variant becomes so deadly that your not safe at any age even with the vaccine, us blaming Jon Issac and other non-vax does no good in that situation. At that point you shut down the NBA season...you shut everything down. I think Biden is pitting us to hate the un-vax for 2022 elections.

There are a number of deadly viruses out there that we have vaccines for and not everyone takes those vaccines because of religious or auto-immune reasons. Why is COVID any differant? Those viruses are just as deadly. I am vaccinated for COVID, anthrax and Small pox. Most of the population does not have the anthrax or Small pox vaccine. If there were an outbreak of those two deadlier viruses than I wouldn't blame an unvax small pox person if they got me sick with a variant.

You get a vaccine to protect you! There will not be 100% getting the vaccine. There never was before and it won't happen with the Covid vaccine, we just need to accept it and move on. The saber rattling is to divide, scare and get you to the polls in 2022.  I support getting the vaccine, but I also support anyone's choice not to get it. Issac is still the best player on this team! If he plays well I don't care if he sits out a few games because of a religious belief. If he starts to suck or gets injured we move on. 

Because what people don’t seem to get is that Covid isn’t a disease that ONLY affects you. And that’s the end of the story right there and where personal freedom affects others. This isn’t a type of cancer. What you have you can spread to others. And before you say that vaccinated can spread it like the unvaccinated, that’s only been proven in people with breakthrough infections, which would explain the high viral load and ability to spread it. Other than this, your body would fight it off from the start and decrease your viral load much quicker than an Unvax person. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Because what people don’t seem to get is that Covid isn’t a disease that ONLY affects you. And that’s the end of the story right there and where personal freedom affects others. This isn’t a type of cancer. What you have you can spread to others. And before you say that vaccinated can spread it like the unvaccinated, that’s only been proven in people with breakthrough infections, which would explain the high viral load and ability to spread it. Other than this, your body would fight it off from the start and decrease your viral load much quicker than an Unvax person. 

SARS, Influenza, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Legionaires. There are over a million viruses. We spread them every day. COVID is just bad symptoms and easily transmissible. I've had it twice. Once while vaccinated and I had it much easier time of it the second time...so I'm not denying that COVID is dangerous. But it's misinformation to say the vaccinated can't spread COVID. The un-vax religious people did not get other stuff, why should we care about them not getting COVID if we are vaccinated? The fact is, if you are vaccinated you likely survive COVID. This whole hold the un-vax down and jab them thought process is fear-mongering and for the 2022 elections. People are easy to manipulate when they are afraid and they have someone to blame.Been the truth about Mobs for thousands of years.

Issac has guts for taking a stand. As long as he plays good basketball, I don't care if chooses not to get vaccinated.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, MagicTurk said:

The un-vax religious people did not get other stuff, why should we care about them not getting COVID if we are vaccinated? The fact is, if you are vaccinated you likely survive COVID.

It probably wouldn't be such a problem if the people who are anti-vaccination weren't spreading misinformation and fear everywhere they go like they think they're literally "on a mission from God" .... they are louder and more persistent than everyone else. It's rubbing off on too great a number of the general population. Honestly don't know how they have the energy to keep up with so much rubbish, but it certainly is hard to counter it with reason to keep enough people safe.

We should all mostly be worried for those who can't fight for themselves. The elderly and frail, and the gravely ill who can't even decide to be vaccinated. I think KAT would have some choice words for JI, and rightly so at this point.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MagicTurk said:

SARS, Influenza, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Legionaires. There are over a million viruses. We spread them every day. COVID is just bad symptoms and easily transmissible. I've had it twice. Once while vaccinated and I had it much easier time of it the second time...so I'm not denying that COVID is dangerous. But it's misinformation to say the vaccinated can't spread COVID. The un-vax religious people did not get other stuff, why should we care about them not getting COVID if we are vaccinated? The fact is, if you are vaccinated you likely survive COVID. This whole hold the un-vax down and jab them thought process is fear-mongering and for the 2022 elections. People are easy to manipulate when they are afraid and they have someone to blame.Been the truth about Mobs for thousands of years.

Issac has guts for taking a stand. As long as he plays good basketball, I don't care if chooses not to get vaccinated.

You completely misread my post. I never said vaccinated could not spread it. Please reread it again. 

16 hours ago, FanSinceTmac said:

I'm not gonna get into Vax or unvax. But Isaac even if he chooses to stay unvaccinated will not miss any road games.  The Cali, NY vaccination mandates are only for home teams so if he is healthy he can play. Okay it looks like Toronto is requiring full vaccination. So his unvaccinated status will cause him to miss two games or so.

It'll be interesting to see how unvaccinated players adapt to the NBA's new protocols. For example, unvaccinated players will be unable to play in certain cities, such as New York City, due to vaccine mandates for large events. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/magic_forward_jonathan_isaac_upset_about_misrepresentation_following_anti_vaccine_report/s1_13132_35974505

On a separate note altogether, training camp starts tomorrow.  Not sure why it starts on a Tuesday; do they have an event if some sort today?  Anyway, the season is getting closer, it will be time to retire this thread in a few weeks.  

18 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

"The NBA told teams that visiting clubs are exempt from the New York and San Francisco requirements."

https://www.nba.com/news/knicks-organization-fully-vaccinated-can-comply-with-nyc-covid-19-mandate

I'm not entirely sure but everything I have seen says it will not apply to road players.