jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Much as I understand everyone’s strong opinions on both sides of this issue, I suspect this forum is not the right place for this discussion.  

I see zero issues with discussing the current face of the franchise making a decision that will affect the entire team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Damn shame a man makes a medical decision on his own and is judged for it.

You mean the exact same thing we would do if a player chose to not take care of their body in the off-season and either couldn’t perform or got injured as a result?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, O_SteveO said:

You mean the exact same thing we would do if a player chose to not take care of their body in the off-season and either couldn’t perform or got injured as a result?

Exact same things “you” would do. If that’s his choice, that’s his choice. 

To even compare this to that though is a joke.

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I see zero issues with discussing the current face of the franchise making a decision that will affect the entire team.

You’re the moderator, that’s up to you, but this whole vaccine discussion is basically political.  

12 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

He’s putting them at a greater risk than if he were vaccinated. That’s how vaccines work

? I think people have drunk the Biden koolaid on vaccines. The man is 80 year rambling moron who is a career liar...I don't trust him or Trump when it comes to telling truth. We will never had heard immunity because this thing mutates like the flu which kills thousands of people every year.

Even if you get the vaccine you can still spread COVID. The vaccinated walking around without masks is what around fourth of July is what really caused the last outbreak. They just want to use this VAX vs UN-VAX thing for 2022 elections. Even if you get the vaccine you can die of COVID. I think it's a non-issue. Issac will just have to get tested more frequently.

The American politician divides and blames so you get angry and vote for them in 2022. The plandemic is over, we have a vaccine...you get boosters if you feel unsafe and you move on. Un-Vax will be left unprotected if they don't get vaccines. Just like you are unprotected from flu if you don't get flu vaccine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Exact same things “you” would do. If that’s his choice, that’s his choice. 

To even compare this to that though is a joke.

He literally will have to miss games when he can’t play in certain arenas, so he’s already hurting the team. How is this different? If culture war morons convinced some players that staying in shape was now political and they showed up unable to play, you would have no criticisms of that decision?

13 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Your the moderator, that’s up to you, but this whole vaccine discussion is basically political.  

I do agree that the topic is divisive, and opinions should be approached from a basketball perspective and I apologize, my initial comments on this matter will be edited to remove my political opinion on this.

What it comes down to is our current best player literally won’t be allowed to play in several cities if the report is true. Could get even worse if Silver mandates the vaccine which is still very possible. Looking forward to Magic Media Day tomorrow to hopefully clear the air around the subject.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I do agree that the topic is divisive, and opinions should be approached from a basketball perspective and I apologize, my initial comments on this matter will be edited to remove my political opinion on this.

What it comes down to is our current best player literally won’t be allowed to play in several cities if the report is true. Could get even worse if Silver mandates the vaccine which is still very possible. Looking forward to Magic Media Day tomorrow to hopefully clear the air around the subject.

No, the point here is that the purported “opinion” on the subject matter is touted by people who have no idea what their talking about. There are people in here giving wrong information and passing it off as opinions. The only people here making this political are people who have no experience in the healthcare field and it shows. 

The fact is, this is akin to not undergoing surgery for a tore ACL. If he becomes a Covid long hauler his long term health would be in jeapordy and we wouldn’t be having this conversation. 

He’s making terrible decisions regarding his health and this long term career and we should take that into account when wondering if we should keep him around. 

I'm not gonna get into Vax or unvax. But Isaac even if he chooses to stay unvaccinated will not miss any road games.  The Cali, NY vaccination mandates are only for home teams so if he is healthy he can play. Okay it looks like Toronto is requiring full vaccination. So his unvaccinated status will cause him to miss two games or so.

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

No, the point here is that the purported “opinion” on the subject matter is touted by people who have no idea what their talking about. There are people in here giving wrong information and passing it off as opinions. The only people here making this political are people who have no experience in the healthcare field and it shows. 

The fact is, this is akin to not undergoing surgery for a tore ACL. If he becomes a Covid long hauler his long term health would be in jeapordy and we wouldn’t be having this conversation. 

He’s making terrible decisions regarding his health and this long term career and we should take that into account when wondering if we should keep him around. 

I mean, we did put an insurance policy on his contract extension. And it is ironic that he of all people has chosen the “don’t trust people” when it comes to medicine considering his injury history

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

What are the statistics for 20 something year old athletes getting very sick from Covid?  1 in 20000 or less?   

Remember that for the great majority of healthy people in their 20s, Covid is at most a bad cold.  

10 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

What are the statistics for 20 something year old athletes getting very sick from Covid?  1 in 20000 or less?   

Remember that for the great majority of healthy people in their 20s, Covid is at most a bad cold.  

It took Bamba like 6 months to be able to practice full time after he had it. That’s probably an extreme example, but that’s just who I could think of off the top of my head on only our roster.