jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

So if Isaac decides to not be vaccinated he is putting the people who are vaccinated at risk?

He’s putting them at a greater risk than if he were vaccinated. That’s how vaccines work

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

He’s putting them at a greater risk than if he were vaccinated. That’s how vaccines work

He’s putting his own self at risk that’s his choice. If others are vaccinated they should be “fine”.

The vaccine is not a cure people who are vaccinated can still catch Covid. So the only person who really is at risk is Issac. I don’t think it’s that deep.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

He’s putting his own self at risk that’s his choice. If others are vaccinated they should be “fine”.

The vaccine is not a cure people who are vaccinated can still catch Covid. So the only person who really is at risk is Issac. I don’t think it’s that deep.

People who are vaccinated are less at risk for contracting and exposing those to a virus. Those who are unvaccinated are both more at risk to contracting said virus and spreading it. This really isn’t any different than arguing that children be unvaccinated against every other thing that they are required to when entering public schools. Again, that’s how vaccines work and have worked for over 100 years. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

People who are vaccinated are less at risk for contracting and exposing those to a virus. Those who are unvaccinated are both more at risk to contracting said virus and spreading it. This really isn’t any different than arguing that children be unvaccinated against every other thing that they are required to when entering public schools. Again, that’s how vaccines work and have worked for over 100 years. 

These vaccines are the fastest to ever be made, and your upset cause Issac is exercising his freedom and isn’t quick to take it. Plus idk what you mean about less risk of contracting and exposing, once again it’s not a cure. If you are vaccinated and you are in contact with someone with covid you can still get Covid and spread Covid. The vaccination is there to lessen your risk of dying. If issac wants to take that risk that’s on him.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, J-Mac said:

These vaccines are the fastest to ever be made, and your upset cause Issac is exercising his freedom and isn’t quick to take it. Plus idk what you mean about less risk of contracting and exposing, once again it’s not a cure. If you are vaccinated and you are in contact with someone with covid you can still get Covid and spread Covid. The vaccination is there to lessen your risk of dying. If issac wants to take that risk that’s on him.

That’s fine if he were you or me. He gets paid millions by an organization that may mandate the vaccine. Him refusing it is nothing more than being selfish and misguided. There’s no team mentality in this man

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

I believe the un- vaccinated may be more at risk of contracting covid but are no more a risk to spread it than the vaccinated. Remember wash your hands, cover your mouth if you cough, keep a reasonable distance. These are all things that apply equally to vaccinated or un-vaccinated.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s fine if he were you or me. He gets paid millions by an organization that has mandated the vaccine. Him refusing it is nothing more than being selfish and misguided. There’s no team mentality in this man

I do believe in people having a choice but I did not know that the organization had mandated the vaccine. This can become an issue in the future.

Some of these comments are sad and cringe worthy all because someone chose to exercise   their freedom of choice and speech. The fact of the matter is you can catch this virus having the vaccine or not. Some choose to potentially have milder symptoms by getting vaccinated. Others don’t feel comfortable putting something in their body that hasn’t been tested for very long and would rather let their body do the fighting like it has been doing for many generations before us. This is a personal choice and nobody should be put down for deciding for or against getting the vaccine. More love and less hate, Go Magic!

• Upvote 4

What really disappoints me is how this would have been a non issue without propaganda. It's not just that he doesn't want the shot, he is spouting nonsensical reasons why.

Am i wrong or are college students/athletes screened for certain vaccinations before they attend/play for their Universities? After dodging Covid last year in my social circle, most of the hard core anti-vaxxers i know caught it and had to get medical treatment. This thing is real folks. Billions have already received the vaccine. Vaccines are one of the pillars that the modern world is built on. Right up there with clean water, sanitation, food preservation ,nutrition and heating and cooling. It allows modern people to live in unprecedented safety and health that our ancestors did not have. What they almost always argue about is freedom,every single person i talk to if you really press them and get them to say what they really feel. It's not fear of their health over the vaccine it's politics. Not actual fact based knowledge but feelings and personal beliefs. But hey ten years ago tell a blue collar oil rig welder, a professional athlete, a high paying traveling nurse, a teacher who works with infants that you have to get a vaccine to earn high pay, nobody blinks an eye.

Shaking My Damn Head.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Much as I understand everyone’s strong opinions on both sides of this issue, I suspect this forum is not the right place for this discussion.  

• Upvote 1