jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Surely if we plan on keeping him - one of Harris or Ross is on the move before the start of the season, right?

I think we have to be moving another guard out. More likely Harris with the big expiring.

Agreed.  Problem with Simmons is much more than bad FT shooting; he has a mental block, the yips, the heebie-jeebies, whatever you want to call it.   He's a head case on offense in crunch-time, and it's gotten progressively worse since he's been in the league.  This isn't like a catastrophic knee injury where time and dedicated rehab will eventually make it better.  And Simmons has shown little indication that he understands or is able to address the root causes of his problem.

Morey has no other option than to wait it out and hope a decent enough deal will come along for him to salvage some of his pride.  I don't see how anyone in their right mind would trade what he's asking for Simmons; he'd be lucky to get McCollum straight up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Ummmmm…

It's surprising but I like it. I'm guessing it doesn't look like there are any TPE moves to be made so instead get a veteran guard who can shoot and re-evaluate the trades for Ross, Harris and the TPE at the deadline. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's surprising but I like it. I'm guessing it doesn't look like there are any TPE moves to be made so instead get a veteran guard who can shoot and re-evaluate the trades for Ross, Harris and the TPE at the deadline. 

I see Moore providing very little on court value, so hopefully he’s an incredible locker room presence.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I see Moore providing very little on court value, so hopefully he’s an incredible locker room presence.

I was thinking the same thing.  

10 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Suns and Pelican fans seemed to like him as an end of the bench guy who could come in and make some shots when you needed him. It’s not flashy, but I don’t mind it.