jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

37 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

So I am curious what our starting lineup is going to look like. When is Fultz and Isaac back? 

Isaac is on track for the start of the season. Kelle hasn’t been ruled out yet either. My guess for opening day right now is Suggs/Harris/Okeke/Isaac/Carter and then when Kelle is back Suggs/Fultz/Okeke/Isaac/Carter

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Isaac is on track for the start of the season. Kelle hasn’t been ruled out yet either. My guess for opening day right now is Suggs/Harris/Okeke/Isaac/Carter and then when Kelle is back Suggs/Fultz/Okeke/Isaac/Carter

I assume we are not going to resign James Ennis as we got Mo Wagner? Our depth chart I assume is going to look something like this

Suggs/Anthony/MCW

Fultz/Hampton/Harris

Okeke/Ross/FWagner

Isaac/MWagner

Carter Jr/Bama/Lopez

40 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I assume we are not going to resign James Ennis as we got Mo Wagner? Our depth chart I assume is going to look something like this

Suggs/Anthony/Fultz

Anthony/Hampton/Harris

Okeke/Ross/FWagner

Isaac/MWagner

Carter Jr/Bamba/Lopez

CORRECTED

17 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

in all this decade of suckiness, mcw was the player I enjoyed the most watching since he always gives it his all. He might not be the most skilled or the better shooter, but give me more guys like this for our team

Without him I don't think we get back to the playoffs in '19. He had some absolutely huge defensive plays and rebounds in big moments down the stretch of that season.

And then of course Lowry broke his nose in Game 1 -- while flopping, mind you. Tough to blatantly flop and simultaneously maim someone. 

• Upvote 1

Apparently there are rumours that Suggs has some anxiety issues that seem to be being put out there as an answer to the question "why did the Raptors pass on Suggs" (full disclosure I haven't heard the source but it apparently came up on a Jay Bilas podcast) and to be honest that sounds insane considering everything I've seen of Suggs so far. 

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Apparently there are rumours that Suggs has some anxiety issues that seem to be being put out there as an answer to the question "why did the Raptors pass on Suggs" (full disclosure I haven't heard the source but it apparently came up on a Jay Bilas podcast) and to be honest that sounds insane considering everything I've seen of Suggs so far. 

Maybe he had anxiety about playing in Toronto/Canada? Nothing against the Raptors, but they are the only team that was unable to play on their home court last year due to Canada's restrictions for COVID. It left them playing in Tampa, FL for the season, and may have contributed to discomfort for players/free agents; since there isn't any guarantee they might be having to temporarily relocate again as the delta variant is increasing cases. If so, it probably won't be here in Florida.