jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-no-1-nets-get-richer-lakers-cling-to-top-five-spot-blazers-sink-after-free-agency-moves/

Magic are dead last on this very early power ranking. It's gonna be a long year so number one on my wish list is a healthy season. I will definitely watch the games, and enjoy seeing the youngsters. I just hope for some good health so we can finally see how Futlz,Bamba,Isaac and crew can play.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-no-1-nets-get-richer-lakers-cling-to-top-five-spot-blazers-sink-after-free-agency-moves/

Magic are dead last on this very early power ranking. It's gonna be a long year so number one on my wish list is a healthy season. I will definitely watch the games, and enjoy seeing the youngsters. I just hope for some good health so we can finally see how Futlz,Bamba,Isaac and crew can play.

Power rankings mean absolutely nothing lol 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Pretty funny, because it really doesn't take into account just how many player games we lost to injuries - more than any other team in the league last year. Yes, a lot of them were Fultz (64) and Isaac (72) being out most/all of the season, but Anthony (24), Okeke (27), Bamba (16), Ennis (31), Carter-Williams (40), and Ross (16) all missed a lot of time as well (not including them sitting Ross for about 10 at the end of the season). Throw in the 17 games Gordon and Fournier each missed prior to being traded (call it 15 if they were held out pending the trades), the Aminu (27) games and that is a massive adverse effect on your offense especially. That's also not including the games missed by Porter, Harris, or Carter, Jr after the trades. I can see our offense making a massive improvement from the addition of Suggs, and better health/continuity. I don't expect us to jump into the top 50% in the league right away, but I think penciling us in for last is just wrong. 

I guess it’s hard to say we’re definitively better than any of this years bottom teams, but how in the world do both have us the worst? Maybe I’m just biased, but even when OKC gets SGA back and Detroit rolls out Cade, I still think we have a better overall roster than both of them. 

I guess it’s hard to say we’re definitively better than any of this years bottom teams, but how in the world do both have us the worst? Maybe I’m just biased, but even when OKC gets SGA back and Detroit rolls out Cade, I still think we have a better overall roster than both of them. 

10 hours ago, hootie249 said:

You'll enjoy watching them play if we get blown out repeatedly?  You're a stronger person than I am, then.

8 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Pretty funny, because it really doesn't take into account just how many player games we lost to injuries - more than any other team in the league last year. Yes, a lot of them were Fultz (64) and Isaac (72) being out most/all of the season, but Anthony (24), Okeke (27), Bamba (16), Ennis (31), Carter-Williams (40), and Ross (16) all missed a lot of time as well (not including them sitting Ross for about 10 at the end of the season). Throw in the 17 games Gordon and Fournier each missed prior to being traded (call it 15 if they were held out pending the trades), the Aminu (27) games and that is a massive adverse effect on your offense especially. That's also not including the games missed by Porter, Harris, or Carter, Jr after the trades. I can see our offense making a massive improvement from the addition of Suggs, and better health/continuity. I don't expect us to jump into the top 50% in the league right away, but I think penciling us in for last is just wrong. 

I think it's probably right

6 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Win or lose we know we will have a fun team to watch. If we suck really bad we get another shot at a great pick.

The true tank mentality.  Just keep sucking until you luck into the next LeBron.  If we suck really bad again, then I guess getting 5 & 8 this year didn't put us on the road to salvation after all.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

The true tank mentality.  Just keep sucking until you luck into the next LeBron.  If we suck really bad again, then I guess getting 5 & 8 this year didn't put us on the road to salvation after all.

Especially not when you reach @ 8... Nothing against Franz but his talents just don't translate as a high upside pick a rebuilding team should make.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

We won't need to tank, we are probably gonna suck. We need a lot more than a couple of new guys no matter how good they turn out. It will be fun to watch them develop and grow as a team.

3 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

Especially not when you reach @ 8... Nothing against Franz but his talents just don't translate as a high upside pick a rebuilding team should make.

'talents don't translate' about a guy who has played 0 NBA minutes? Ok.