jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

The J Kidd stuff is disappointing but not the least bit surprising. He’s had a well-earned reputation as a bad dude for a long time. Dallas should be glad they locked up Luka now, but that team chemistry is gonna go from bad to worse

13 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

I know that. Do you think we are talking with him?

Personally no. All signs seem to point to us leaving that 15th roster spot open to allow us to use the TPE at some point. Of course there's always a possibility we use it before the season, negotiate a buy out with the guy we absorb and add someone. I think that'd probably be dependent on some big name players being traded allowing us to get involved as a 3rd party.

55 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

We should sign Timma to the other 2 way. He plays harder than half the guys on our team.

Mans almost 30 and has been playing professionally in Europe for a while. Doubt he would accept a 2 way contract

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

What is a coaching consultant?  I could see that being a problem if the current coach feels like someone is looking over his shoulder or second guessing him.  Could become a “too many cooks” situation.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

What is a coaching consultant?  I could see that being a problem if the current coach feels like someone is looking over his shoulder or second guessing him.  Could become a “too many cooks” situation.  

Who knows. Who cares i guess. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

He is a great assistant coach…

8 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The J Kidd stuff is disappointing but not the least bit surprising. He’s had a well-earned reputation as a bad dude for a long time. Dallas should be glad they locked up Luka now, but that team chemistry is gonna go from bad to worse

If this is true, J Kidd will be gone in 2 years. Luka is a competitor but is also Gen Z, and when it comes to choosing Luka or J Kidd, they’ll choose their franchise star all day. 

I’m just hoping it gets bad enough that team chemistry disintegrates, Luka gets very frustrated, and despite some goodwill efforts by Cuban, asks for a trade - one of his preferred destinations being Orlando with his boy Jamal Mosley and the young, overachieving Orlando Magic core. 

I can dream in these scenarios, right?

• Like 4

We cannot sing Luka, we already have too many great guards.

:P

Also, always said that Cliff could be a great great great defensive coach, even if that role with the Nets it's not clear yet. I'm also curious about what will happen in Chiacago with Vuc and a strange mix of talent in there...