jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Bamba is coming into his 4th year. Any reason he’s practicing other than to get the extra reps? Conditioning? Seems strange to me and not a good sign. 

9 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Bamba is coming into his 4th year. Any reason he’s practicing other than to get the extra reps? Conditioning? Seems strange to me and not a good sign. 

Its a great thing. Team bonding. Plus acclimatised with coach. I think its excellent 

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to practice and get to know his new coach and new teammates. He does need both extra reps and conditioning and if he can get some of that down before preseason begins it'll only help him. I'm glad he's there, he's certainly the rawest of the guys on the roster that won't be playing in SL. 

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Read it wrong. Says bamba wont play. 

In fairness it wasn’t worded very well.  You could interpret it either way.  

22 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://www.nba.com/news/2021-mgm-resorts-summer-league-team-by-team-rosters-part-2

The NBA website for summer league rosters officially lists RJ Hampton at 6'6 and Franz at 6'9. Not sure if this is barefoot or with shoes but if it's barefoot then realistically RJ is probably 6'7 in shoes and Franz is 6'10. 

I am skeptical of which measurements are reportedly accurately vs. just whatever they want it to say.  Franz was a good 3"-4" taller than Mosley (who is supposedly 6'8") at the intro presser.

Isaac is straight up on record multiple times as saying he doesn't want to be known as a 7-footer. He's never listed as one despite almost assuredly being like 7'1".  

I really just think they put whatever they want. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://www.nba.com/news/2021-mgm-resorts-summer-league-team-by-team-rosters-part-2

The NBA website for summer league rosters officially lists RJ Hampton at 6'6 and Franz at 6'9. Not sure if this is barefoot or with shoes but if it's barefoot then realistically RJ is probably 6'7 in shoes and Franz is 6'10. 

Saw a pic where Suggs looked taller than RJ so who knows

35 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Saw a pic where Suggs looked taller than RJ so who knows

It's really tough to tell from photos. I saw one from summer league practice where they looked similar heights but in this one it looks like RJ is clearly taller:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Surprised no word yet on Bacon    Do they have untill midnight?

They have until the 8th I believe.