jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Magic FO again nailed this off-season by resigning Moe. It’s going to do wonders to unlock his little brother Franz potential and I can only see good things coming from this. Not to mention Moe played excellent in the limited minutes he received and should also benefit from this pairing. I’m chomping at the bit waiting for summer league and season to start! I know there will be growing pains but at least we have a clear direction and are oozing potential. That’s all you can ask for in a rebuild and haven’t been this happy or proud to be a Magic fan in a longgggg time.

I love that we’ve filled in the roster already and can focus full steam ahead on SL, camp and then the season. This is how you build continuity, properly. 

FO really took us from “we’ll never get off this hamster wheel” to “bright future Magic with a head start”

Franz Wagner was asked during a Zoom session with the media about one day playing on the same NBA team as his older brother Moritz:

"I'd rather play with him. Playing against him, he's a pain in the a**…”

7 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Magic FO again nailed this off-season by resigning Moe. It’s going to do wonders to unlock his little brother Franz potential and I can only see good things coming from this. Not to mention Moe played excellent in the limited minutes he received and should also benefit from this pairing. I’m chomping at the bit waiting for summer league and season to start! I know there will be growing pains but at least we have a clear direction and are oozing potential. That’s all you can ask for in a rebuild and haven’t been this happy or proud to be a Magic fan in a longgggg time.

Or it will be a brother fight to start off - Moe wore #21 with us last year, Franz wore #21 in college and is wearing it in summer league!

21 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Here's why Robin Lopez is a great pickup in my opinion:

He's an incredibly fun guy and by all accounts a great teammate.

He's a great option to bang with the more physical bigs in the league if WCJ and Bamba are struggling. 

One of the things he's great at is boxing out. Which will help with the up-tempo style Mosely wants to play with. Lopez can box out and allow our guards and wings to grab the board and immediately push in transition.

EDIT: his hook shot is one of the most fun shots in the league.

17 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Personally find signing the older Wagner to be meh. He has not been all that good in previous stops, and while he ‘impressed’ in limited action at the end of last year, the team was still terrible 

It really doesn't matter. He's going to be the 3rd PF/4th C, it'll be a 2 year minimum, he's still only 24 and we just used a lottery pick on his brother, plus he plays hard and seemed to get along with the team at the end of last season. It's the same type of deal we gave Bacon last year, a low cost punt that in a different context he might be a real NBA rotation player. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Exactly. We are gonna lose games, might as well have fun doing it. The Wagners will be great to talk about, his bro shoots but does little else. let them play a bit together. At best we unlock some cool chemistry, at worst he's a 7 foot chucker who scores 20 a few times. This team needs to have fun because it's gonna be a long season. 

I love the Moe signing. As I said earlier in this thread, he’s only a year older than Mo and looked great last year. He’s perfect for a backup role.