jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Why on earth would we want to go and spend all of that money on a complimentary piece when we are still finding out who our centerpiece is. A guy like that is fine if you are setting yourself in stone but not worth that pay day for us when we are looking for maneuverability over the next few years.

First off his contract was not an exhorbitant piece of salary albatross, and all i was saying was He was the perfect type of player we have been avoiding for 5 seasons -  a Player who can shoot

Every year our offense boils down to being almost last in efficiency and near bottom in three points.

and i only mentioned him because someone else made the claim i was referring to Redick and i was pointing out it wasn't specifically him.

40 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

First off his contract was not an exhorbitant piece of salary albatross, and all i was saying was He was the perfect type of player we have been avoiding for 5 seasons -  a Player who can shoot

Every year our offense boils down to being almost last in efficiency and near bottom in three points.

and i only mentioned him because someone else made the claim i was referring to Redick and i was pointing out it wasn't specifically him.

No-one is going to argue that our shooting has been atrocious, and neither am I. I don't know what others are thinking either, but anyway.

If we kept the band together for lack of a better way to put it, I doubt we would have gone after Robinson either way due to having Evan as it is a little bit of a wash, but at the same time if it was within the realm of possibility it may have been an upgrade. 

Having said that, neither then nor now we don't need to commit long term money to a complimentary shooter, whether it is a good deal or not. If someone whose role is to run around the perimeter and shoot wanted to be here for the vet minimum, then sure. But clearly that wasn't going to be Robinson (who probably also knows he won't get it as good anywhere else but Miami) and it remains to be seen if JJ doesn't want to contend or seek money. I don't think the FO is actively avoiding those guys but there probably just aren't that many who want to make the minimum and spin their tyres here.

My bad it wasn't Duncan Robinson, it was Doug Mcdermott that i was thinking of. When i went back and looked at the contract its said 90mil and i was like whooooah that's not who i was thinking of.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

Wow didn't realise Summer League started today lol

Literally only 3 teams playing in Memphis, Jazz, and Spurs. Big one in Vegas starts next week Sunday! 

12 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Literally only 3 teams playing in Memphis, Jazz, and Spurs. Big one in Vegas starts next week Sunday! 

Yeah I posted that then looked at the schedule. Oh well, the season is almost upon us and it couldn't come soon enough!

22 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

My bad it wasn't Duncan Robinson, it was Doug Mcdermott that i was thinking of. When i went back and looked at the contract its said 90mil and i was like whooooah that's not who i was thinking of.

That makes quite a bit of difference lol! 

After seeing the Pelicans acquire Devonte Graham for four years and given what else is transpired, maybe we can be candidates for the impending Zion sweepstakes of 2024/25 or whenever he asks out.

It'd be the first big time free agent that we could get clear for a run at that would actually make sense with the guys we are developing for the future

Edited by South_Aussie_Magic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

Yeah McDermott would have been a good add, tho I do think even he was overpaid

22 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yeah McDermott would have been a good add, tho I do think even he was overpaid

San Antonio got in very quickly with that too. In principle he was probably attainable, god knows what the Spurs are rushing to achieve out there.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:13 PM, Jay Magic said:

So other than this one thing on twitter, I haven't been able to find any other confirmation/sources to verify this extension, which seems pretty odd to me. Anyone else heard or seen anything to back up this report?

Josh Robbins reporting Bacon likely to be waived and we want to add a vet power forward. Don't know if that's his own speculation or sources.

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Josh Robbins reporting Bacon likely to be waived and we want to add a vet power forward. Don't know if that's his own speculation or sources.

I hope it's correct either way.