jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Don't think we will be bringing back Mo Wagner now to be honest. 

1 roster spot + Bacon. I agree it should be a wing. Hopefully Ennis returns.  

I don't really think so either, unless we are moving Bamba. Having said that, I would rather have Moe Wagner back than I would Bacon. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Robin Lopez! Suggested him months ago! I am crushing this off-season.

CT is front office in disguise 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

CT is front office in disguise 

I wish. I just spend too much time **** posting I was bound to get something right at some point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jason Funderburker said:

Trying really hard to make sure the next pick they give us is 14

Hey it might be the 16th pick after they get eliminated in the first round.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Here's why Robin Lopez is a great pickup in my opinion:

He's an incredibly fun guy and by all accounts a great teammate.

He's a great option to bang with the more physical bigs in the league if WCJ and Bamba are struggling. 

One of the things he's great at is boxing out. Which will help with the up-tempo style Mosely wants to play with. Lopez can box out and allow our guards and wings to grab the board and immediately push in transition.

EDIT: his hook shot is one of the most fun shots in the league.

I definitely like the signing and the fact that is one year. Only hope that he's not only a fun guy, but also a leader and a great worker in trainings and gym.

Another veteran I would have liked on a 1 year deal is Taj Gibson, but he signed elsewhere.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Resign Wagner? What about filler fowards with potential like Jarred Vanderbilt or Niang?

Would Paul Millsap be willing to come to a rebuild if no contenders offer him?

PG - Fultz, Anthony, MCW

SG - Harris, Hampton, Suggs, Ross, 

SF - F. Wagner, Okeke

PF - Isaac, Bacon

C - WCJ, Bamba, Lopez

If I was a betting man, I would think with the signing of Lopez, the Magic will make a trade at some point and either offload some combination of Bamba, Bacon, Harris, MCW or Ross. They would aim for someone in the SF/PF range that could potentially build into a core. Then with the development of our young guys...maybe next offseason land that big name to push us into contenders. 

17 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Resign Wagner? What about filler fowards with potential like Jarred Vanderbilt or Niang?

Would Paul Millsap be willing to come to a rebuild if no contenders offer him?

PG - Fultz, Anthony, MCW

SG - Harris, Hampton, Suggs, Ross, 

SF - F. Wagner, Okeke

PF - Isaac, Bacon

C - WCJ, Bamba, Lopez

If I was a betting man, I would think with the signing of Lopez, the Magic will make a trade at some point and either offload some combination of Bamba, Bacon, Harris, MCW or Ross. They would aim for someone in the SF/PF range that could potentially build into a core. Then with the development of our young guys...maybe next offseason land that big name to push us into contenders. 

Moe Wagner is only 24, and arguably still has growth potential as a PF/C. I wouldn't mind Milsap if we could get him, but it would almost have to be via sign-and-trade now. I doubt he would come here for what we can offer. (I think we can only go about $4.5M - the rest of the MLE, since we spent $5M of it on Lopez). I don't really see any point in guaranteeing Bacon unless we specifically need that for trade filler. I would rather go with a Brazdeikas. I think he has more potential than Bacon; he is younger, plays better defense, has better court vision/BBIQ, and is a slightly bigger body to play the SF. Bacon is really a SG who can play some SF. 

I would not be surprised to see some trades going forward with Bamba, Harris, MCW or Ross heading out. We will see what happens!

• Upvote 1