jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

So many teams out there burning cash, I really dont want us to follow on from this. We have our young core to work on and maybe look at a Vet on a decent contract. Question is are we offloading Ross to a team for either cash or something in return. 

No surprise at all we’re sitting out free agency. Think we’re more likely to be involved in a trade of Ross/Harris/MCW than anything else. I also anticipate we’ll be letting go of Bacon here soon

15 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Heat sign PJ Tucker, 2 year $15 million. I had no idea they had this much cap space

Unfortunate. I loved PJ on the Bucks. PJ on the Heat is going to be annoying. 

42 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Dwight back to LA for a 3rd stint with the Lakers

Dwight could have been so much more than what he was had he had a better head on his giant shoulders. Just sad for many reasons. 

The fast action today has been kinda crazy. 

Almost every website that I've been to predicting free agent targets for Orlando have us going after Duncan Robinson and Kelly Oubre. Saw another site that referenced Malik Monk. 

Any thoughts on any of that? Duncan has already been signed. 

I'm just not even sure who our targets would be? Probably someone in the SF/PF range?

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Almost every website that I've been to predicting free agent targets for Orlando have us going after Duncan Robinson and Kelly Oubre. Saw another site that referenced Malik Monk. 

I'm just not even sure who our targets would be? Probably someone in the SF/PF range?

I don’t think we’re signing any guards. I think we sign a vet wing and a vet 3rd center. I think maybe a guy like Milsap on vet minimum and maybe use the MLE on bringing back Otto Porter Jr. I dunno, it also wouldn’t surprise me if we did absolutely nothing except for re-sign Moe Wagner after he’s done in the olympics 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

We'll wait until other teams have tried up their cap space. I imagine we'll sign a vet Forward and Center on near vet minimums - or perhaps more hopefully, Moe Wagner. 

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Inject this into my veins. Complete dumbasses. The Magic will be on top of the division in two years. 

Go Magic!

Yeah this and the Lowry thing. Theyr're both good now, but seriously how long are all these old guys going to be that effective for. They're not all Lebron. I think CP3 has a couple of years now that he's proved to be in decent condition, but c'mon. The Celtics digging back into Al Horford and his money is problematic too.