jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m so thankful we don’t have big money to spend this year 

And in future ones! :D
In general, in recent offseasons looks like having cap space equate to have to overpay to keep or sign players. Some of the recent numbers are just... wow

16 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Agreed. I think the Miami Cheat have really screwed themself 

It’s clear the Miami Heat are in “win now” mode, believing the core they have, whom got to the finals two seasons ago, can keep competing at that level for the next 2-3 years. You overpay players when you believe in keeping that chemistry together. 

If/when things go south though… some of those contracts will be impossible to trade.

Just now, TreyMachine said:

It’s clear the Miami Heat are in “win now” mode, believing the core they have, whom got to the finals two seasons ago, can keep competing at that level for the next 2-3 years. You overpay players when you believe in keeping that chemistry together. 

If/when things go south though… some of those contracts will be impossible to trade.

Complete lack of awareness that their bubble Finals appearance wasn’t an actual Finals appearance, in my opinion. Also $18 million a year for 5 years for Duncan Robinson… sheesh

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Complete lack of awareness that their bubble Finals appearance wasn’t an actual Finals appearance, in my opinion. Also $18 million a year for 5 years for Duncan Robinson… sheesh

Oh, I don’t disagree. They’re a consistent 3rd/4th in the East with a sunset of 2-3 years on their window of competing. 

I’m just saying at this juncture you spend money or you fall into mediocrity, and God knows how much Magic fans know about that 7th-10th place black hole. 

On a brighter note, I appreciate this FO who isn’t trying to throw money out there just because we have it. There is a long-game to saving cap space to sign young players on your team whom build chemistry and prove themselves. 

10 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Jarrett Allen's contract is pretty crazy, but at least they don't have to pay Mobley for 4 more years

I think Allen’s contract is insane.  They must think Mobley can play the 4, because you don’t pay a backup center $100M

11 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fournier to the Knicks, 4 for $78 million

Good for Evan and his family, but as we all know, that's crazy money for Fournier. 

Anyone else think these NBA teams think inflation is about to go through the roof and are giving out contracts assuming such? lol