jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

I seriously hope that we don't bring in anybody that will interfere in the development and minutes of our young ones. What we really need is just practice fodder for them and make sure we hit the league minimum salary requirements.

• Like 1

The Lakers are interested in absolutely everybody. I like Ennis I hope if we don't bring him back he wins a championship and I really hope it's not with the Lakers.

Fultz / Anthony / MCW

Suggs / Harris or Ross / Bacon

Okeke / Hampton / Ennis

Isaac / F Wagner / M Wagner

Bamba / Carter / M Wagner

Happy with that for sure!!!

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm starting to think we're keeping Bacon this season... Feel like we'd have waived him yesterday if we were going to. 

That’s unfortunate 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

That’s unfortunate 

If he's a 13th - 15th man it won't be too bad. We've got the next week-ish to waive him which we could do if we need the roster room for a trade. I guess maybe it makes sense to wait in case we need him to match salary in a trade. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm starting to think we're keeping Bacon this season... Feel like we'd have waived him yesterday if we were going to. 

I mean he has one ability that's greater then any of our players, availability. Dude played in every game last year and costs 1.6 million. Why waive him?

Don't worry about him setting a bad example or being a ball hog or ball stopper. Guy knows he's about 1 minute from being out of the league. He's worth keeping for 1.6 million.

Also, Ennis earned his free agency. I think we could offer him some decent money but he just might want to play for one of the contenders.

10 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I seriously hope that we don't bring in anybody that will interfere in the development and minutes of our young ones. What we really need is just practice fodder for them and make sure we hit the league minimum salary requirements.

We are already over the minimum with the ten already under contract and the two rookies, once they are signed. (Not including Bacon until/unless they guarantee him this week).