jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This needs to be done!

also Otto would be the vet professional we need to keep around as long it is a reasonable price. 

Agreed. For all I know, Bacon is a stand up guy and a real professional in the locker room, but I certainly don’t want his “take the toughest shot possible at all costs” play style anywhere near these young guys moving forward. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Speaking of guards we have absolutely no room for but who'd be fun Malik Monk is going to be an unrestricted free agent.

Definitely could use his shooting, especially if we trade Ross.

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Anybody else think they could walk away from a guaranteed $44 million for a year of work? Sheesh

Only if I can turn it into $90 million for 3 years

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Trying to think about who we could take on with the TPE. Satoransky maybe? Bulls need to clear space for a big offer sheet to Lonzo Ball. 

I like Satoransky, but as Jay Magic said, we probably need a small forward. Maybe throw the MLE at Ennis to stay, or try to bring in Andre Iguadala. Don’t know if he would sign for the MLE, but exactly the kind of SF you want.

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Trying to think about who we could take on with the TPE. Satoransky maybe? Bulls need to clear space for a big offer sheet to Lonzo Ball. 

I like Satoransky, but as Jay Magic said, we probably need a small forward. Maybe throw the MLE at Ennis to stay, or try to bring in Andre Iguadala. Don’t know if he would sign for the MLE, but exactly the kind of SF you want.

5 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Iggy would be a great get but I imagine he has his eyes on a team he can compete for a championship on. 

6 minutes ago, King Close said:

Iggy would be a great get but I imagine he has his eyes on a team he can compete for a championship on. 

I agree it’s a long-shot, but maybe we talk to him about a player-coach type of role. We might look at Trevor Ariza as another alternative.

I think if you’re going to be a 3rd string vet guy, you play for two reasons:

1. Maximize your monetary net worth

2. Play to compete for a championship at less than your worth. 

A player has to be desirable for a championship caliber team to qualify for #2. Those guys also have normally made enough money by being relatively good in their prime. 

Group #1 guys I think tend to be more journeymen who know their NBA legacy it’s not winning championships but providing the most for their families in the twilight of their careers. I think we can get some journeyman, but I don’t think Andre Iguodala is one of them - whom has made enough money and now just wants to win to finish his career (in my mind).

33 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I agree it’s a long-shot, but maybe we talk to him about a player-coach type of role. We might look at Trevor Ariza as another alternative.

Ariza will most likely sign with a contender. He'll probably go back to the Lakers on the vet min.

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Ennis is a good player but not one you throw the full MLE at

If i remember rightly the front office was trying to trade AG for Oubre so it makes me think they obviously like him and i see us maybe going for him