jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Trying to think about who we could take on with the TPE. Satoransky maybe? Bulls need to clear space for a big offer sheet to Lonzo Ball. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Trying to think about who we could take on with the TPE. Satoransky maybe? Bulls need to clear space for a big offer sheet to Lonzo Ball. 

I want a small forward 

Here's an idea that keeps coming to me, but I haven't shared yet:

What if teams decided to play a 3 center rotation every single game? We could do it with Carter, Bamba and Wagner.

Big guys are usually lumbering and some struggle with consistent effort (Bamba), so maybe letting them go balls to the wall for short stretches of time would be beneficial to the team.

Could also help with having 18 fouls to spend on the Embiids and Jokics of the world

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I would be happy to make a run at these guys in free agency 

Kelly Oubre, Kelly Olynyk, Ben McLemore

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, 

No to Oubre, I've read recent content on him that doesn't really make him look like a good team player.

My wishes for free agents are something we talked about recently: good veterans that leads the young guys in the right way, not only in games but in training and in everything else too. People that want to improve every single day. Selfless guys that can play 30 minutes one day, and have no problem to let the other shine and play 15 the next one. Guys that helps to win but also to improve for the future.

46 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

What if teams decided to play a 3 center rotation every single game? We could do it with Carter, Bamba and Wagner.

As I've said a lot of times, I know nothing about college players, but are we really considering Wagner as a center?

1 minute ago, Luke_FfS said:

As I've said a lot of times, I know nothing about college players, but are we really considering Wagner as a center?

I think he means his brother Moe Wagner which in that case he can play the 4 or 5. Franz can play 3 or 4 and maybe the 5 later on in his career when he fills out a bit more. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Yes, I meant Moe. Sorry for not clarifying

With free agency kicking off tomorrow I'm really wondering what we're going to do if anything. I have no read on if we'll try and add vets to be competitive or just random end of bench vets. Or maybe add a youngish player to play a role who could at least be a positive asset a year from now even if they're not part of the core? 

We obviously have the full MLE and the BAE and 2 open roster spots (would become 3 if we waive Bacon).

We also have 2 2 way spots and again I have no read on what we'll do with them. We haven't snapped up any of the interesting UFA yet so maybe we'll see how Summer League goes before offering them? Give some of the SL guys a reason to play hard maybe? 

Hopefully we get involved in trades with the TPE and pick up extra assets. That might fill a roster spot or two.