jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Utah is apparently trying to clear cap space to re-sign Conley, and is rumored to be marketing Ingles or Bogdanovich.

Orlando gets:

Bogdanovich, and #30

Utah gets:

Carter-Williams, #33, and 2022 2nd round pick (Indiana)

Frees up about $15M for them, plus the cap hold/guarantee for #30, but only moves them back three picks. It works with Ingles, but that only frees up $9M for them, and Ingles has the better PER. 

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Utah is apparently trying to clear cap space to re-sign Conley, and is rumored to be marketing Ingles or Bogdanovich.

Orlando gets:

Bogdanovich, and #30

Utah gets:

Carter-Williams, #33, and 2022 2nd round pick (Indiana)

Frees up about $15M for them, plus the cap hold/guarantee for #30, but only moves them back three picks. It works with Ingles, but that only frees up $9M for them, and Ingles has the better PER. 

I don't think this trade works. Bogdanovic doesn't fit into the TPE and we don't have $15m in cap space. 

We could just absorb Ingles or Favors into the TPE without sending MCW back. That'd save them the entire salary of one of those guys plus the salary of #30.

Favors + #30 (+ a future second probably) saves them nearly $12m and they wouldn't have to take any salary back from us. 

Feel like for Ingles we might have to send some draft assets back because he should have value but obviously if we can do that exact deal but swap Favors to Ingles I'd 100% do that. 

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't think this trade works. Bogdanovic doesn't fit into the TPE and we don't have $15m in cap space. 

We could just absorb Ingles or Favors into the TPE without sending MCW back. That'd save them the entire salary of one of those guys plus the salary of #30.

Favors + #30 (+ a future second probably) saves them nearly $12m and they wouldn't have to take any salary back from us. 

Feel like for Ingles we might have to send some draft assets back because he should have value but obviously if we can do that exact deal but swap Favors to Ingles I'd 100% do that. 

It does work on the NBA Trade Machine site, but we probably have to waive rights to all our free agents or something like that. 

4 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

It does work on the NBA Trade Machine site, but we probably have to waive rights to all our free agents or something like that. 

We don't have the cap space and that's accounting for not retaining the cap holds on Porter and Ennis etc. 

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We don't have the cap space and that's accounting for not retaining the cap holds on Porter and Ennis etc. 

I would trade for Bogdanovic in a second. I love his game. 

Proper thread for this statement. The Magic will turn things around not by drafting the next Durant, but using salary cap flexibility and assets to trade for a future star.

It doesn't have to be a disgruntled star, it's seeing the margins and making moves. Sixers have made so many bad picks, so many bad moves and are the team to roast in the NBA right now.

I would still pick them to actually win a title because i know they will make the right moves. Same with OKC. Neither Gm has won a title, but they get the idea that you can't rely on luck.

And Presti and Morey draft better then average!

9 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Proper thread for this statement. The Magic will turn things around not by drafting the next Durant, but using salary cap flexibility and assets to trade for a future star.

It doesn't have to be a disgruntled star, it's seeing the margins and making moves. Sixers have made so many bad picks, so many bad moves and are the team to roast in the NBA right now.

I would still pick them to actually win a title because i know they will make the right moves. Same with OKC. Neither Gm has won a title, but they get the idea that you can't rely on luck.

And Presti and Morey draft better then average!

Changing my mind, either Presti is a genius or he is crazy. I have no idea what they are doing in OKC. So happy the Magic drafted Suggs!

I'm starting to worry about our division, the Hawks and Hornets made some good moves. The Wizards might get Beal to stay. The Lakers will regret trading for Westbrook but damn they will be fun to watch. The Heat are next up in our division to make a move, i wonder who they pay or get in the next week.