jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Reddish shot 36.5% from the field and 26.2% from 3 this year. If it weren’t for the one game at the end of the playoffs where he inexplicably hit a bunch of 3s all of the sudden, no one would be discussing him. 

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Reddish shot 36.5% from the field and 26.2% from 3 this year. If it weren’t for the one game at the end of the playoffs where he inexplicably hit a bunch of 3s all of the sudden, no one would be discussing him. 

No speak for yourself. He has crazy crazy potential to be a top top 2 way player in the league. I have been a fan of his for a while. Mark my words he is gonna be excellent 

10 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

No speak for yourself. He has crazy crazy potential to be a top top 2 way player in the league. I have been a fan of his for a while. Mark my words he is gonna be excellent 

Well it would benefit him to start showing it then. Bad college season at Duke and 2 bad NBA seasons so far. 

39 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Well it would benefit him to start showing it then. Bad college season at Duke and 2 bad NBA seasons so far. 

In his defense he was injured and was never able to get into a rhythm this year. He definitely has potential but I wouldn’t trade both of our firsts for him. 

2 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

That's probably after we take Sengren at 8 and trade Bamba for 20?

So let’s discuss this. Bamba - do we see a future for him with the Magic. Wendell is here and is a more finished product, but can Bamba live up to his physical potential? The man is 23 and I just don’t feel like giving up on someone that raw with some injuries that have slowed him down his first 3 seasons. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

So let’s discuss this. Bamba - do we see a future for him with the Magic. Wendell is here and is a more finished product, but can Bamba live up to his physical potential? The man is 23 and I just don’t feel like giving up on someone that raw with some injuries that have slowed him down his first 3 seasons. 

He has the same on/off motor issue that scouts warned everybody about before we drafted him. Let's replace him with someone that can do the job consistently.

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

The real tricky spot with this is they’re both in the last year of their rookie deals. I know we ain’t paying both, question is are we paying either? Mosley being here is gonna unlock a side of Mo we haven’t seen before, I hope but if we had to make the decision right now is Wendell 10 times out of 10.

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The real tricky spot with this is they’re both in the last year of their rookie deals. I know we ain’t paying both, question is are we paying either? Mosley being here is gonna unlock a side of Mo we haven’t seen before, I hope but if we had to make the decision right now is Wendell 10 times out of 10.

Agree. 

If I have to chose right now I'm picking WCJ. He's going to be in the league until he's 30+ I can safely say. Right now I'm not even sure Bamba will be in the league 2 years from now. 

Provided we don't pick a big at 5 or 8 (or if we trade up for Mobley) they've both got this season to impress though and we'll go from there.

The 2022 and 2023 drafts have some really good looking bigs so we'll likely have plenty of opportunity to draft our C of the future if neither of them work out and we don't rapidly get good.  

Shams Charania of The Athletic reported the veteran "is expected to receive interest from several postseason contenders" in free agency after he turned heads this past season by connecting on 43.3 percent of his three-pointers.

Ennis, 31, has been a journeyman throughout his career, which includes stops with the Miami Heat, Memphis Grizzlies, New Orleans Pelicans, Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets, Philadelphia 76ers and Magic on his resume.

He isn't the type of addition who will define an offseason during free agency, but he is a solid role player who could help those contenders as they battle for playoff spots.

The Long Beach State product averaged 8.4 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 0.8 steals in 24.0 minutes per game this past season.

His perimeter shooting immediately stands out, especially for those reportedly interested contenders who surely have marquee players who attract defensive attention and create open looks for wing players.

Ennis' ability to knock those shots down all while playing solid defense makes him more valuable. Opponents shot 0.9 percent worse than their normal averages in 2020-21 when he guarded them, per NBA.com.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10008654-report-magic-fa-james-ennis-drawing-interest-from-several-postseason-contenders