jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Looks like that may have been updated, I know I had seen August 1st in the past, but Spotrac now has August 9th as well. I'm surprised we haven't waived him already. 

Nobody else has made any roster moves yet either that I can think of so I wouldn't worry about it. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

How do we trade for Lillard?

Love him, but how many assets to trade for a 31yo that doesn't really fit our timeline?
Maybe is better to try to understand who's the next Dame, and trade for him early. :)

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We don't. There's no world where we can trade for Lillard and have a better roster than the current Trailblazers roster at the end of it. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We don't. There's no world where we can trade for Lillard and have a better roster than the current Trailblazers roster at the end of it. 

I don't know, have any of you watched the Loki season on Disney+? There has got to be some world where Dame wins us a championship.

/s.

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

These star guys (if they want to be traded), want to play with their star buddies and create super teams.

Unfortunately we are not there yet but wait until 2025 when we should start to be contenders in the East and you'll see that the Magic will be in contention for some of the star players.

I hope it starts sooner....next year we have max money and Zack Lavine is unrestricted. I have to believe that we are going to try hard to get him.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Looks like Tibbets and Mosley worked together on the Cavs 2011-2013. 

He's got extensive experience coaching in the G League (hopefully good for player development) and was Associate Head Coach in Portland the past 2 years. 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Looks like Tibbets and Mosley worked together on the Cavs 2011-2013. 

He's got extensive experience coaching in the G League (hopefully good for player development) and was Associate Head Coach in Portland the past 2 years. 

Also a leading assist and steals guy when he played at South Dakota - so it looks like we have our developmental guy for the guards, and Mosley for the bigs. I'm liking the direction so far! Now we just need a top-notch shooting coach, and a top-notch trainer to get/keep our guys healthy!