jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

On 7/9/2021 at 11:17 AM, Albert Lergier said:

If Jamahl is hired and when he talks to the media (fans) says the words: winning, playoffs, championships.....I would want him more as the Magic coach !!!

Jamahl Mosley’s immediate priority in Orlando is to develop players, not win right away.

I don’t think I’ve been this excited for a head coaching hire since Stan Van Gundy. The more I read, I believe he’s exactly what we need and feels a lot like the early days of Doc Rivers. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Jamahl Mosley’s immediate priority in Orlando is to develop players, not win right away.

I feel this is like saying we plan to put our socks on before our shoes.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I feel this is like saying we plan to put our socks on before our shoes.

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

20 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He'll connect with MCW, he's a big MMA guy.

Player's coach and coach player....he is 6'8", can "practice" with them.

17 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Player's coach and coach player....he is 6'8", can "practice" with them.

JJ Redick (who "played" for the Mavs last season after being traded) said " Love this "

The 2 unrestricted free agents / players / mentors that would be nice to add to the team are:

JJ - 37 yrs old 

Paul Millsap - 36 yrs old

These (2), along T. Ross, MCW and Gary Harris would complement the young talent that we have in a very significant way and ALL 5 can still play !!!

I personally think Facebook sports comment sections (outside of probably local news) are about the lowest common denominator, and of course Magic fans are absolutely melting down on the posts announcing Moseley lmao. 

I've been critical of a lot of moves (or lack of) that the FO has done in the past, included hiring Clifford. This time I'm happy about the move, we clearly couldn't know now if it's going to work, but at least it's finally a bold decision, thinking a little outside the box. Good move!