jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

I get the support for our guys... but our bar has fallen to subterranean depths if two 3s and a dunk is our new standard for "untouchable".

Apparently he has had a 3 inch growth spurt and now is 6 foot 7

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Is there a source for this at all? Because if RJ is 6'7 that dramatically changes his outlook. 

8 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Is there a source for this at all? Because if RJ is 6'7 that dramatically changes his outlook. 

Looks like it is based on an IG caption of another person he is working out with? STOP THE PRESSES

16 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yep. Massively 

17 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

I get the support for our guys... but our bar has fallen to subterranean depths if two 3s and a dunk is our new standard for "untouchable".

We chose intentional tanking as a philosophy. The bar has fallen to subterranean depths.

3 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

We played 12 games after the trade where some combo of Ennis, Birch, Ross, and Porter Jr. played big minutes (Ennis was the only player healthy or still on the team for all 12,) and went 3-9. The 3 wins were- a nice one over the Clippers, in OT against a Pelicans team who sat everyone, and Chicago. Of the 9 losses, we were blown out in 4 by the Jazz, Wizards, Bucks, and Spurs, and lost by double digits in 2 to Denver and Toronto. The closest loss was 93-96 to the Lakers without LeBron or AD. After that 12 game stretch, those vets were usually listed as injured (wether they could’ve played or not is speculation by us,) and we slowly started signing 10 day guys. My point being- the best version of our post trade team was still getting smoked by average/good teams. I do however get what you’ve consistently said about competitive mentality and trying to win, and I think the guys we put out there *were* trying to win, regardless of who they were playing with. If any of them are irreparably damaged in their development by not playing with Ross, Ennis, and Porter for a 20 game stretch, then they probably aren’t worth much future investment anyway. 

I don’t agree with your conclusion but your reasoning is clear and it’s a good discussion. In any event, there are now at least two posts that provide possible alternatives to what we did.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I don’t agree with your conclusion but your reasoning is clear and it’s a good discussion. In any event, there are now at least two posts that provide possible alternatives to what we did.  

At this point I’m just excited to have two new prospects that people are either already in love with or ready to abandon their fandom over lol.