jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Is orlando the less desirable target both for coaches and star players? I dont remember any "star" really wanting to play for us since carter after the finals run

Probably 

• Upvote 1

If I’m a new coach looking for an opportunity, a team that has had 4 different coaches in the past 5 years isn’t desirable 

• Upvote 2

We will be so stocked up after the draft in most every position that it's hard to tell right now what it's going to happen. I'm sure that the the Front Office has an ace or 2 under their sleeve. 

Just reading Kelly Oubre is probably not signing with GS... they have his bird rights, if they resign him to 18-20 mil we can trade our Trade Exception for him. He's only 25 - would anyone be interested? We could do a three team trade in the sense of using the TPE for oubre then package him and something or someone else to another team for what we really want.

28 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Just reading Kelly Oubre is probably not signing with GS... they have his bird rights, if they resign him to 18-20 mil we can trade our Trade Exception for him. He's only 25 - would anyone be interested? We could do a three team trade in the sense of using the TPE for oubre then package him and something or someone else to another team for what we really want.

The TPE is only 17m so his contract would have to fit into that. 

In general I don't think a 3 team sign and trade would be beneficial for Golden State. They're already over the tax they'd probably rather have some contracts and stuff coming back for salary matching in future trades. 

On 7/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, Extential said:

In my opinion Atkinson is the best option available. However with no news of interviews with him being announced. I feel he may not want to come to Orlando. My prediction is if the team does not get Atkinson,  then the next Coach will last 3 yrs at most and we will be back to where we started.

This is what happens when you tank.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:54 AM, JJZFL said:

I agree.  Even if he’s not worried about being fired because we bring in a big time free agent (unlikely in my opinion), he as well as any other coaching candidate for our job has to be looking at potentially 60+ losses for the next few years, and likely continuing pressure to tank, which makes it nearly impossible to develop the team.   Wouldn’t think it would be appealing to those who might have other options.  

If this franchise continues to intentionally tank, I am going to be driven away as a fan.

2 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

This is what happens when you tank.

Rewind to this team before the midseason trades- what should we have done? I don’t care what we *shouldn’t* have done, I’m curious what you think the best path forward from that point would have been. 

18 hours ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Besides a coach is there any free agents we should target this offseason? 

I think it's a bit too early to talk about this, after the draft and coach hiring I'm sure it will be all we talk about. I would like to point out that we need a veteran ball handler. Could be a point guard, could be a veteran forward...whomever. Just somebody who is used to having the ball alot and can run **** a bit.

Ross,Harris,Bacon most of our vet's are not suited to the role at all. We absolutely need to have another guy since Fultz's status will be up in the air. If we go into the year relying on second year Cole and what we have now it will be a long,ugly year. I expect a reshuffling  or trading of some of our players, to make room for somebody.