jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Here's a potential TPE trade target:

Derrick Favors and pick 30. Jazz are going to need that room to improve their team and Favors just doesn't offer enough in the playoffs since Gobert is playing 40 mpg. We get pick 30 which we'd probably flip on draft night and Favors could honestly be a good vet for half a season or a full season and maybe have trade value at some point. 

18 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Now it's time to see if we were really waiting for Atkinson.

I'm hoping the reason this is taking so long is because we want Atkinson but he didn't want to interview until his season was done. (Which, although you can point to Billups as a counterpoint, I have to imagine is a personal decision for each coach)

23 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I agree with this. Didn't he also say that "in a few years, he'd love to go to the NBA but it isn't now." 

Doesn't that just tell the people at Memphis...you're just a stepping stone? lol

I'm super glad he's staying. 

Would have been jumping into cold water here. Too soon of a move for a young coach who is still learning. Glad we will have someone (whoever that may be) that has more coaching experience at this level. Hoping it is someone that will light a spark within this young team. 

From the article it says we've interviewed:

Willie Green

Becky Hammon

Tyrone Corbin, Pat Delany and Steve Hetzel (all current assistants)

As well as Penny and Unseld Jr. 

And are due to interview Jamahl Mosley this week.

I really want Kenny Atkinson as our next HC. That nets team was trying to win every game they played, I want that type of mentality in Orlando as well. If not him, someone that fits this mindset.

• Upvote 1