jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Hello, I am a Rockets fan and I was just wondering what ya'll would want in return for Jonathan Isaac that the rockets could offer. 

Would you even be willing to deal him as a fan? I love his game and i'm sure most of ya'll do too. Anyways Im interested to see what yall think a fair offer would be. 

Good luck with yalls 2 first round picks this year, Seems like yall are rebuilding the right way.

I know I've posted this before, but it kind of bears repeating - we currently have 10 players under contract for next season:

1) Anthony/MCW/Fultz(i)

2) Harris/Hampton

3) Ross

4) Isaac/Okeke

5) WCJ/Bamba

Bacon is currently not guaranteed, we have until 7/31 to make a decision on him ($1.8M club option). If you add in our two first-round picks, that brings us to 12 players, and three open positions. Those 12 players contracts are approximately $105.3M, which puts us about $7.1M under the regular cap. Our free agents from last year are:

Porter, Ennis, Wagner, Brazdeikis, Thornwell, Randle.

I'm not 100% sure if we have Bird rights to Porter or not; but it appears we do have them for Ennis. As far as I can tell, Brazdeikis is restricted, but none of the others are, which to me is fine, since I don't think we are considering keeping Thornwell or Randle. So the questions become what do we look to fill, and how? 

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Seen suggestions we prefer someone who isn't a first time head coach. Can't remember if it was a social media thing or an actual source though. 

Rumours that Kidd is the favourite in Dallas so that'd be a bullet dodged. 

Hasn't Jacque Vaughn coached before?

10 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Yeah man that’s like the laziest way of contributing to the message boards lol. I’m all for difference of opinion but at least state why you disagree and make things interesting. Either way here’s to hoping someone over reaches in the draft or we trade up and we end up with Green or Suggs.

Well said.

8 hours ago, NBAspacecity said:

Hello, I am a Rockets fan and I was just wondering what ya'll would want in return for Jonathan Isaac that the rockets could offer. 

Would you even be willing to deal him as a fan? I love his game and i'm sure most of ya'll do too. Anyways Im interested to see what yall think a fair offer would be. 

Good luck with yalls 2 first round picks this year, Seems like yall are rebuilding the right way.

JI is my favorite current Magic player, so it would take the number 2 pick. 

36 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

JI is my favorite current Magic player, so it would take the number 2 pick. 

Yeah the idea would be for the rockets to pair JI and Mobley together. I understand tho I love isaacs game, changes your whole defense. You wouldn’t do a wood plus late 1st picks package?

I know Isaac has had health issues so I don’t know what his value is but I’m sure it’s still really high because of his age and being locked into a long term deal

You guys just don't realize how far we have sunk. Our next coach will be a person tasked with a team not expected to win more them 25 games the next two years. Start with that as a baseline on who wants the job. It's up to our gm to get some talent and if you are a true fan, add a vet sometime in 2023 or 2024. Otherwise we ain't winning **** soon. Now figure out a coach.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NBAspacecity said:

Yeah the idea would be for the rockets to pair JI and Mobley together. I understand tho I love isaacs game, changes your whole defense. You wouldn’t do a wood plus late 1st picks package?

I know Isaac has had health issues so I don’t know what his value is but I’m sure it’s still really high because of his age and being locked into a long term deal

I really think this conversation is a non starter. Isaac has incredible value to us and to our front office and I doubt any other organisation would be interested in trying to meet the asking price given his injury history.