jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

17 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I know, just giving you grief. I actually wouldn't mind seeing us pick up Jeremy Lin on a one-year, veteran-minimum contract for that very reason - again, depending on who we draft. Obviously if we draft Giddey and/or Mitchell then we probably wouldn't bring in a vet PG as well. 

Edit: Thanks for the downvote. Either someone doesn't like kidding, or has a serious problem with Jeremy Lin. Nice. 

Can only assume someone isn't a fan of Jeremy Lin. Still a very weird reason to downvote someone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think we have dramatically different opinions on Oubres current value.

From everything I've heard it seems like Oubre isn't really interested in returning to the Warriors nor are they sure about bringing him back. Not sure why we'd give up anything for him. The Warriors have no control he's not an RFA. 

I also wouldn't pay him 17m. I only brought it up because after a down season I thought he could be had for a little bit cheaper at like 12m.

I dunno, my guess would be the Warriors try to do something like Wiseman, Oubre, 7 and 14 for an all star like Beal. We could try to jump in as a third team in that style of trade

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

I dunno, my guess would be the Warriors try to do something like Wiseman, Oubre, 7 and 14 for an all star like Beal. We could try to jump in as a third team in that style of trade

But Oubre is a free agent so he doesn't have to be a part of any trade like that. 

18 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I know, just giving you grief. I actually wouldn't mind seeing us pick up Jeremy Lin on a one-year, veteran-minimum contract for that very reason - again, depending on who we draft. Obviously if we draft Giddey and/or Mitchell then we probably wouldn't bring in a vet PG as well. 

Edit: Thanks for the downvote. Either someone doesn't like kidding, or has a serious problem with Jeremy Lin. Nice. 

Let’s even that out cuz that’s  ridiculous lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Let’s even that out cuz that’s  ridiculous lol

Frankly, I don't really care that much about my +/- score, but like you said, I just thought it was a ridiculous use of a down vote, which is why I called it out. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think we have dramatically different opinions on Oubres current value.

From everything I've heard it seems like Oubre isn't really interested in returning to the Warriors nor are they sure about bringing him back. Not sure why we'd give up anything for him. The Warriors have no control he's not an RFA. 

I also wouldn't pay him 17m. I only brought it up because after a down season I thought he could be had for a little bit cheaper at like 12m.

I'm not 100% convinced that Oubre is worth $17M either, but considering the other available free agents this summer, he will probably get over-paid this summer. Also, we are very limited in what we can do this summer. Our best options are the MLE, trading for someone to fit into the Fournier exception (after signing rookies/free agents), or re-signing Porter since we have Bird rights. Possibly doing a sign-and-trade using Porter. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Ime Udoka to the Celtics

Rick Carlisle to the Pacers

Those were probably #1 + #2 for me on my wish list. 

Great hire for the Pacers. That seemed like a good opportunity for Clifford who I'm not certain will get another HC job this summer now.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

Great hire for the Pacers. That seemed like a good opportunity for Clifford who I'm not certain will get another HC job this summer now.

Yeah, I agree. Plus he has some Pacer history, so that should make the fanbase happy. 

I just don't know where the Magic go after this. I want to avoid Jason Kidd at all costs. I think Becky Hamm is the "cool pick" for the cultural moment which makes me hesitant about throwing a first-time head-coaching who is breaking into a male-dominated role, into a rebuilding effort. 

This article gave some interesting insight into some of the coaching candidates:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2021/06/20/orlando-magic-coaching-search-power-rankings-more-competition-creates-focus/

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Yeah, I agree. Plus he has some Pacer history, so that should make the fanbase happy. 

I just don't know where the Magic go after this. I want to avoid Jason Kidd at all costs. I think Becky Hamm is the "cool pick" for the cultural moment which makes me hesitant about throwing a first-time head-coaching who is breaking into a male-dominated role, into a rebuilding effort. 

This article gave some interesting insight into some of the coaching candidates:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2021/06/20/orlando-magic-coaching-search-power-rankings-more-competition-creates-focus/

Seen suggestions we prefer someone who isn't a first time head coach. Can't remember if it was a social media thing or an actual source though. 

Rumours that Kidd is the favourite in Dallas so that'd be a bullet dodged. 

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Frankly, I don't really care that much about my +/- score, but like you said, I just thought it was a ridiculous use of a down vote, which is why I called it out. 

Yeah man that’s like the laziest way of contributing to the message boards lol. I’m all for difference of opinion but at least state why you disagree and make things interesting. Either way here’s to hoping someone over reaches in the draft or we trade up and we end up with Green or Suggs.

50 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This.

I had a little hope we were going to hire Carlisle but was really little and it's already over!