jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report on the Orlando Magic UK podcast dropping what I think is a scoop (I haven't heard it anywhere) that Weltman/Hammond/D'Allesandro Exec group all got 2 year extensions after the trade deadline. 

I just want a coach who can run a strong, pass first offence, implements decent defence, is okay with playing young players through their mistakes and can hopefully develop the talent we already have plus the 2 lottery picks we will most likely add in the draft. Whoever that is I'll be okay with.

I would pick Kenny Atkinson - The most recent article on OPP really highlighted the unique ways in which he has impacted the teams he has been a part of.

Jason Kidd could be one of those "Lightning in a Bottle" Picks if we make him the coach and it works out, ala Steve Kerr.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Jason Kidd could be one of those "Lightning in a Bottle" Picks if we make him the coach and it works out, ala Steve Kerr.

He was a bad coach with Milwaukee and a bad coach with Brooklyn.

Scott Brooks out too now.  Coaching vacancies up to 6.  Hope the Magic got a head start over these last few days because competition just went up significantly.

3 hours ago, ML6 said:

Are you referencing Hammon & Kidd (before the Unseld news broke)?

If so, I have seen near universal rejection of Kidd and what feels like ~70%+ approval for Hammon.

No, I was referencing Kidd and Unseld. Has it been reported that Hammon is actually interviewing? I think I’ll be fine with any coach we hire as long they’re not rigid and unimaginative.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Has it been reported that Hammon is actually interviewing?

Yes, Shams & Robbins.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

Scott Brooks out too now.  Coaching vacancies up to 6.  Hope the Magic got a head start over these last few days because competition just went up significantly.

unfortunately the other 5 vacancies are way more attractive