jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

I always really liked Clifford, but maybe not for the direction we’re going. Stotts is probably my guy right off the bat, but I admittedly am not very knowledgeable about the field. 

Edit: hopefully this 100% means Bacon won’t be back

He was a miracle worker here and squeezed out every win we could get. That Vucevic, Gordon, Fournier core had no business making the playoffs and even winning games.

Not super excited about Stotts, but it could be worse.
  • Upvote 1

Wes Unseld Jr was an Assistant coach here with Vaughn and now he's the Associate Head Coach with Denver. He'd be worth a look maybe. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m honestly strapped in for one of the former Magic men who has turned to coaching. This front office has a history of loyalty and embracing its past. Penny, Darrell, B-Shaw, Juwan Howard, Patrick Ewing can anybody think of any more former Magic players turned coaches that could be potential fits? I think the guessing game starts there

Howard, Shaw and Penny would excite me out of this list. Ewing is too much like Clifford. Interesting days ahead!

6 minutes ago, AnthonyW said:

The Magic should try to hire Mark Jackson who built the Warriors into a championship contender.....

Hopefully not. 

Clifford was not right for the rebuild.  Need a coach who will focus on player development.  But as David Bauman pointed out,  Alex Martins is still in charge and for what?  He is great at sales and marketing but does not need to be in charge of the organization.