Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2020-21 NBA Playoff Discussion Thread

Kudos to Trae. He’s much better than I thought he’d be. Honestly, he’s much better than anyone thought he’d be. He’s in legit superstar territory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Kudos to Trae. He’s much better than I thought he’d be. Honestly, he’s much better than anyone thought he’d be. He’s in legit superstar territory.

He is amazing!

• Like 1

Well I was way wrong about Trae.  The one thing I got right is that his transcendent skill (if you had to pick just one) is his passing/playmaking.  He is several steps ahead of everyone else from a playmaking perspective.

I did not see him being this tough or unflappable.  Did not think he would run a team like Nash. 

I do think teams could be doing a better job at targeting him defensively -- neither New York or Philly had the personnel to do so.  The Bucks are better equipped but I don't have much faith that Bud will incorporate that strategy.  Regardless, I'm not sure how much it would matter b/c it seems nothing gets the Hawks out of rhythm offensively, and a lot of that has to do with Trae.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’ll always remember the joy in these forums when Atlanta took Trae which meant Bamba fell to us.

I wanted Luke or Trae. I saw a video of Bamba and thought ok maybe.

That draft still pisses me off. This one just adds to it because of the same situation picking on the outside.

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

I’ll always remember the joy in these forums when Atlanta took Trae which meant Bamba fell to us.

I'll admit, I had a lot of doubts about Trae and I thought Atlanta made a huge mistake trading Luka. I still think Luka is the better player, and will have the better career; but I have been damned impressed with Trae's play, and especially, his poise during these playoffs. I don't remember being full of joy about Bamba, though. I'm pretty sure many of us expressed some doubts about him because of the reputation he had for having an inconsistent motor coming out of college. I'm still hopeful that he can develop, because there are some flashes of serious ability, I'm just not sure it will ever come to fruition.

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I wanted Luke or Trae. I saw a video of Bamba and thought ok maybe.

That draft still pisses me off. This one just adds to it because of the same situation picking on the outside.

I wanted a guard! Personally I would have reached for SGA. If we draft a big we need to dump Bamba before his value goes down any more. 

49 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I wanted a guard! Personally I would have reached for SGA. If we draft a big we need to dump Bamba before his value goes down any more. 

Yeah I didn’t see SGA coming. Totally overlooked him. I just saw Luka and Trae and said “gotta get one those guys.”

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah I didn’t see SGA coming. Totally overlooked him. I just saw Luka and Trae and said “gotta get one those guys.”

I liked Luka, Trae, SGA, Sexton, Milton, and Melton (2nd round) in that order. I saw SGA coming and was sad that management didn't.

I remember lying to myself about being excited about another damned center. I don’t remember being happy or anyone being happy we missed on Trae. There was clearly a chance his inefficient shooting would impact his pro career but the scouting always said he was good enough a play maker to consider him elite anyway. He’s just gone and proven he’s exactly the same in all situations. Won’t always shoot well, quick trigger but makes enough good plays that he’ll get there in the end. Best part is he doesn’t wow anyone with athleticism like Westbrook so no one can say he’s going to drop once he loses a step. Will be interesting to see what happens to both him and Harden and a few others with the coming rule changes though

On 6/21/2018 at 5:14 PM, magicdoc1 said:

Either way is a win win for us. That will mean that either Bamba or JJJ will be available.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:22 PM, DirtDan2012 said:

I'd be thrilled with either Bamba or JJJ. I prefer them over the PG's in the lottery.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, Magician09 said:

Sounds like the Hawks really want Trae. Which is good in my opinion because it increases our chances of Doncic or Bamba. 

On 6/21/2018 at 5:49 PM, magicblue said:

If they take Trey we get a steal with JJJ or Bamba and give up zero assets. Win, win

On 6/21/2018 at 6:09 PM, HeHateMe said:

Yea if Young goes 5 that’s amazing news for us. Bamba is all ours and we don’t have to give up any future picks. 

On 6/21/2018 at 7:47 PM, HardCutting Fultz said:

HAHA no Trae! WE COULD GET BAMBA!

On 6/21/2018 at 7:49 PM, HeHateMe said:

LETS GO!!!!! BAMBA!!!!!!!

On 6/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, magicblue said:

If we don't take Bamba I officially give up on this team. Like literally ?forthewin just delete my account

On 6/21/2018 at 7:51 PM, DirtDan2012 said:

Bamba's coming to O-Town.............  I love it.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

On 6/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, HeHateMe said:

Welcome Mo. Welcome!!!

i just can’t beleive it actually worked out. 

Hammond must be doing backflips. 

On 6/21/2018 at 8:08 PM, HardCutting Fultz said:

I'm doing backflips atm

On 6/21/2018 at 8:10 PM, ML6 said:

I'm officially over the Doncic thing.  Thrilled to have Mo.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:11 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

Yep

14 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I'll admit, I had a lot of doubts about Trae and I thought Atlanta made a huge mistake trading Luka. I still think Luka is the better player, and will have the better career; but I have been damned impressed with Trae's play, and especially, his poise during these playoffs. I don't remember being full of joy about Bamba, though. I'm pretty sure many of us expressed some doubts about him because of the reputation he had for having an inconsistent motor coming out of college. I'm still hopeful that he can develop, because there are some flashes of serious ability, I'm just not sure it will ever come to fruition.

Please see above.  I grabbed a random selection of posts from our draft thread.  There were quite a lot of people who were crazy about Bamba (you weren't one of them) and thrilled we got him instead of Trae or even Doncic.

• Like 1